• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colors Fade (And Don't Revert) When Scrolling/Zooming/Editing

Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a major issue in Adobe Acrobat DC, where the colors of my PDF fade when I zoom in or out. Or sometimes, they will fade once I stop scrolling and look normal once I start scrolling. I assume this has something to do with optimization, but the issue is that at some point, the colors will not revert back. It almost appears as though Acrobat is converting the documents from RGB to CMYK and then not reverting them back. This makes the program unusable, as I am using it to prepare forms for a production company, so they must be perfect.

I have attached close-up screenshots that show the difference between the accurate versus faded colors (notice the difference in vibrance of the magentas). The only things I did in the document were scroll around and add fillable forms, and in the process, the colors changed. I did not adjust any settings. Sometimes, this happens immediately after opening the document as well. I appreciate any help!

Screen Shot 2021-04-09 at 6.17.30 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-09 at 6.17.44 PM.png

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the trouble.

Could you please confirm if the issue occurs with a particular PDF? Would it be possible to share the PDF with us so we can replicate the behavior.

Please provide the following information to further investigate the issue:

1. How did you create the PDF? Share the exact steps.

2. Share the application and OS version on the machine.

3. It would be helpful if you can share a video of the issue occurring at your end.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Apologies for the delay! To answer your questions...

1. The PDF was created in Canva and then downloaded to the computer
  2. Version 2021.001.20149; MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3
  3. I will be sending a file soon. Please stand by.

I have attached a few PDFs which have had this issue. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screen recording of the PDF. As you can see, when I stop scrolling, the colors fade. This results in the document being exported with faded colors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing this too. PDF colors fade in Acrobat, but appear correctly at all zoom levels in Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm now having the same EXACT issue with a PDF created in Figma. After I create the PDF everything looks fine. Colors are very bright and match the clients RGB colors. However when I Scroll/Zoom the PDF, the colors changes to a washed out look and seemingly are CMYK. It's super critical when presenting to a client the colors are CORRECT. Can anyone recommend a solve for this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree looks horrible. Looks like this has been going on for a while without resolution. I am seeing reports back to 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was encountering the same issue in the inverse. Print/CYMK InDesign file exported to Print PDF, but the colors were looking way too saturated and vibrant (like it was converting them to RGB) at some zoom levels.

Weirdly, I had a linked (CYMK) PSD in the document and when I converted the PSD to TIF and relinked and reexported it solved the PDF issue. Can't make sense of that since the colors that were causing an issue were from the InDesign file (background fill colors, which were also in CYMK if anyone is wondering haha) not the ones in the linked PSD image. I'm guessing something about the linked PSD was making the file buggy on export though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

we have same issues in our company. Why Adobe can't fix it? Using the right samples, you can easily reproduce the problem. It must be no problem to debug (I am a software engineer and I know what I'm talking about)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Roland347518510sez

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check. If the file is stored on a shared network/drive please download it to your computer locally and then try again.

What is the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 23.08.20458 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://adobe.ly/3vvedxw

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Win or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Let us know how it goes.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines