Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Comments not shown in Comments overview

Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've been experiencing problems with the comment list that can be found under the 'Comments' tab inside Acrobat.

Normally, when I open the comments overview all comments in the entire document are listed. Since a week or two his is not the case anymore. Quite often one or two comments are shown, while there are infact many others.

It's not a filter setting as far as I can see. The only way I've been able to get the comments to show up in the overview list is by actually visiting all pages in the documents one by one. Only then do the comments show up in the overview.

Am I missing something here? I've actually made a fool out myself by telling people they forgot to save the comments. 😛

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jamie

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 21.11.20039 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Win or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem here. I'm on latest Acrobat version on OSX Monterey. Comments aren't showing up in the list unless I skip through the entire PDF, page by page, and sometimes not even then (see screenshot). I tried @Amal.'s advice and reset preferences but it didn't work (also out of all the files and folders that article said I should remove, com.adobe.Acrobat.Pro.plist was the only one actually there).  There seems to be many more people experiencing this problem, and getting complaints from clients: https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/43427637-not-all... Screenshot 2022-02-23 at 11.04.58.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that the issue still exists. Have you tried to use the application in the root accont as suggested earlier? Please try to enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, @Amal.  I've tried that. The problem persists. I still need to go through the entire file for comments to load.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Thanks for trying out the suggestion. Would you mind sharing the small video recording of the same for a better understanding? Also please collect the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and share them via document cloud as expalined here https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Amal,

Please find below a screen recording of the problem and my Adobe CC logs.

Adobe LogCollector logs 

Recording

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jaime

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that the issue still exists.

Have you updated the application to the recent version 22.1.20085 from the help menu and still experiencing the issue?

Go to help > check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also, please confirm the version of the OS you are using?

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Amal,

During the recording I was using Acrobat 22.1.20085 on MacOS Monterey 12.2.1.

Kind regards,

Jaime

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jamie

Thanks for sharing the details, we have raised this issue to our engineering team for review.

We will share the update as soon as we get any news from them

Thanks for your time and patience

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

I was wondering if there has been any info on the comments not showing up in the comment overview. It is happening to me, but only when there are multiple users commenting on a pdf.

Thank you,

Jenny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jenny

We haven't got any update yet, as the issue is still under investigation by our engineering team. 

We will share the update as soon as we get any news from them.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal

Any update from your team for this issue?

Regards

Ganesh.R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have been experiencing this exact same issue on Windows machines in the US.

In my case it seems to happen only when multiple people comment on the same pdf. So far, when only one person comments I have not had the issue.

This is quite a problem as I am missing client corrections. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, potentially VERY embarrasing if I don't pick up all client comments. It doesn't appear to happen with every document.

MacOS Monterey 12.1

Acrobat Pro DC 2022.001.20169

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When we update acrobat to this version it work 2023.001.20063

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the version 2023.001.20063, and all my 163 comments disappeared.

I followed all the suggestions and instructions aboe, and still the comments are missing. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Please go to Edit  or CTRL+K (Win), Adobe Acrobat (mac) > Preferences > General > Uncheck "Show online storage when opening file" > Click OK and reboot the application and check if that works.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines