• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Comments not working Adobe Pro

Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why can I not add comments to a pdf? I have to make notes and marks on a project pdf. It allows me to select the tool, circle the object, and then disappears. There is a comment that does show. It seems like it's below the surface of the pdf? How do I bring the comments to the front of the page so I can see them?

TOPICS
Comment review and collaborate Experiment , Edit and convert PDFs , How to , PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

I figured out what happened. The oppacity was set to 0 fro some reason. I did not set it and forget, but for some reason it was set to 0. Once I put it at 100% the comments became visible. Hopefully, this is the solution and they do not dissappear again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @RL20062217gxoy 

Hope you are doing well and thanks for reaching out.

What happens when you try to add comments to the PDF file? Do you get any error message? If so, please share the screenshot of the same for more clarity. A small video recording of the steps and the issue would be very helpful.

Make sure you have the recent version 23.08.2042X  installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Win or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Attached is me trying to add a comment box and it disappearing.

Also, this is a great time for some help. I am the account owner. There is no deep organization or IT dept, however, I cannot seem to do anything related to admin permissions (change or modify). I do need help with this as well. I have spent more time then I like to remember trying to correct this, but with no success. Why is using a paid product this complicated? Shouldn't it just work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing the information.

Please remove the application using the Acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html , reboot the computer and reinstall the application using the direct link https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html and see if that works.

Let us know how it goes.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I figured out what happened. The oppacity was set to 0 fro some reason. I did not set it and forget, but for some reason it was set to 0. Once I put it at 100% the comments became visible. Hopefully, this is the solution and they do not dissappear again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines