• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Completely, fully disable 100% of any and all auto window resizing / document rezooming functions

Contributor ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seek a comprehensive list of all Acrobat functions that result in automatically resizing the window, or automatically adjusting the zoom level, of a newly opened document.  I do not want window size or initial zoom level to ever change, except when I make manual adjustments.  The automatic functions are a major hindrance and time-waster.

To the extent some of these functions might be settable in multiple different locations so that I have to go make sure the setting is set properly in each of the separate locations, I would also appreciate a listing of such duplicative interface toggles.

Cheers!

TOPICS
Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm fairly certain that Acrobat/Reader will always respect the Initial View Window Settings (other than full screen) in the document. This is by design. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply!  Guh... I assume from your response that this behavior cannot be disabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously, I can have 10 PDFs open in a window, with a need to repeatedly switch back and forth between them to reference information, and then an 11th PDF will resize the window and reset the zoom level for the other 10 documents.

That's just insane.  Is there really no way to disable this functionality?  Is there a version of Acrobat that is suited to businesses rather than art & design stuff?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a substantial frustration for me as well.  I have not been able to determine how to prevent this - Yet.  I suspect that PDF view/create/edit software from other vendors doesn't suffer this malady, and those are being researched.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe needs to allow us to disable this 'feature'. I work with multiple PDFs sent to me all day, and about 2 out of 5 have the Inital View setting checked. 

It is so frustrating (maddening really) to continously have to resize and move the Acrobat window. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also very very frustrated with this happening to me 7-10 times a day. This annoyingly interupts my workflow all day every day. You need to make a software mod for this and allow it to be disabled by the person vewing PDF's in DC Pro. Why should the sender / creator of the PDF get to decide the person who views it Window size? I'm pretty sure the creator hasn't even intentionally set it to do that. It's just a complete waist of time for everyone involved really.

Yes, have it switched on if you want it switched on, I get it.. But allow us the choice!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to disable the ability of PDF's to resize my Acrobat window and change it's position on my monitor. This is very frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just figured out how to stop it in some files. Open the PDF > Document Properties > Initial View > Window Options > UNCHECK Resize Window  to initial page. We should have the option to ignore this setting in PDF's. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has the technology been developed for this yet?  Is it in beta?  How can I use Acrobat without my windows moving around and morphing into different sizes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd really like to know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is incredibly annoying and ignorant on Adobe's part.  They're clearly just sitting on their hands, unwillingly to actually /improve/ their product. This feature^H^H^H, BUG has been present for YEARS!!  Why would they with all the subscription fees they're raking in for doing NOTHING.  There's no longer any motiviation for them to actually do something productive but screw up the interface each year so people think they've actually done something.

Also what about people with accessibility needs?  Constantly moving/resizing windows are a definitely no no.

The only real option is to ditch Acrobat and use one of the many alternatives out there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BUMP, I seem to have missed the dev response that surely would have appeared in this thread by now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BUMP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What response does you miss?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to disable window resizing, which is massively disruptive to the user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be that you can disable this in the preferences of Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please describe what box to check/uncheck in which Category of the application Preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Details please and does this also block auto-move as well? I hope so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BUMP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Office minion, serial number one billion and six (1,000,000,006), scans a one-page 8x11 document as “image”.
  2. The scanner’s default settings for “images” are set to eight hundred million DPI, resulting in an image sized 8 feet by 6 feet.
  3. Office minion, serial number two billion and six (2,000,000,006), receives PDF of scan and attempts to open.
  4. Acrobat Reader / Acrobat Pro produces error message: “Sorry, you will need to purchase new monitors and several hours’ worth of supercomputer time to render this document.  RESIZE THE WINDOW USING THE MOUSE?  DON’T MAKE ME LAUGH, SUCKER!!”
  5. Adobe support: “DURRRRR we respect the decisions of content creators
  6. Adobe chief software architect, lounging on yacht in Mediterranean somewhere, lifts head from deck chair briefly to say, “Yes.  Our product is a product for content creators.”  Falls back asleep.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BUMP AGAIN

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MORE BUMPING

ANSWERS PLEASE THX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the Initial View in the properties of the document when the document is not protected. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!  I would like to know how to Completely, fully disable 100% of any and all auto window resizing / document rezooming function

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines