• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Content scrambled on Acrobat

Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm posting this case on behalf of my client.

The attached PDF shows at client's Windows machine with most content scrambled on Acrobat Pro (see screenshot)

image025.jpg

The same PDF displayed well on another non-Adobe application (see below)

image026.jpg

At first, I explained to the client that it was a Font issue and that the PDF may not have been appropriately generated. I asked for the PDF, I opened it on my Mac, and everything displaced properly on my machine. I just can't figure out the issue.

I deleted other pages and kept one page out of the lot as you can see in the attached PDF. Sample PDF 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original PDF was 55 pages, I extracted above attached page for our testing only. The strange thing, is I shared same page with my client, he says it opened and displayed perfectly now on his Acrobat. So I wonder if some Type 1 fonts used on some pages other than the page I shared above may caused this issue.

The question is, does Acrobat support Type 1 fonts properly on Windows? I'm asking because as you maybe aware that some Adobe products such as InDesign stopped supporting Type1 fonts.

Screen Shot 2023-02-17 at 6.59.56 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe have not removed type 1 support from PDF files - they should still show correctly. (Because there are billions of PDFs already made with type 1 support, and because they are still being made every day).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe have not removed type 1 support from PDF files - they should still show correctly. 

By @Test Screen Name

I thought so too. As the PDF displayed properly on my machine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file is not shared properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, @try67 

Try now please… Sample PDF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file appears fine to me in both Reader DC and Acrobat XI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The file appears fine to me in both Reader DC and Acrobat XI.

By @try67

The client also said that my version of the PDF displayed well on their Acrobat. I only deleted some 30 pages from the PDF as I didn't want to share full PDF with all client and their project information in public. I however made sure that the only page I'm sharing with all here on the forums is the one that wasn't displaying well at the client side originally. So, as I mentioned, this page I shared with you here, is also appears well at the client's machine.

I don't know what was the issue, but I will suggest few things to the customer if this issue appeared on another document in future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines