• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copying and Pasting the Exact Same Text From One pdf to Another pdf

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I update text across multiple documents with consistent spacing, font, size, and bolded text? I've tried copying and pasting from another PDF or Word document, but it only pastes the words without formatting. Is there a way to copy the text while preserving the exact same font, size, bolding, etc., as my coworkers have done?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat was never intended to be a word editor, page layout program, or anything in between. It is pretty amazing that it can do as much editing as it can. 

Your BEST bet is to go back to the original documents, do what you need to do with them, and then re-create the PDF from the original documents with the changes you want. After all, if you had actually printed these documents, as opposed to doing a digital printing, what other option would you have?

If you do not have access to the original documents, you might consider saving the PDFs to a Word document, making the changes you want, and then redoing the PDFs. Yeah, that's a lot of work, but without access to the real originals, it's a lot of work, whatever approach you choose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying desparately for days to copy text from one PDF and paste to another.  Does anyone knwo how to do this?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need more information, @Charlie Walsh.

What version and flavor of Acrobat are you using? Acrobat Reader, Acrobat Standard, or Acrobat Pro? (And what release number?)

For the record, what is your OS (and what release)?

What is the nature of the text you are trying to copy? While that probably sounds stupid or strange, it does have a lot to do with any potential success. If you look at the structure of any PDF, you'll see blocks of text, as opposed to continuous text in a word processing or page layout application. If, for example, you're trying to copy one block and insert it in between two other blocks, that cannot be done. If the action of pasting will force text off the page onto the next page, that also cannot be done because each page of a PDF is a separate entity. 

Unless you have the original documents to copy and paste from, your best bet is to convert both PDFs into a Word document, do all of your copying, pasting, and formatting there, and then convert that Word document back into a PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the complete Adobe Suite from basic Acrobat to Pro. I have been
trying for 3 days to figure this out. I had a technician from Adobe take
over my PC and they sped through the example too fast and I could not
follow their speed.

I have 71 Leadership Surveys for a major client and they have asked me to
create a first-page that is a WORD narrative summary of the prolect. They
want this on all 71 survey reports. I have already done the first 5 by
straight text entry using the Adobe tools but I need to speed it up. I
tried converting the WORD 1 page file to PDF and that did not work. I
tried everything. I am technically lost on this one.

Help is surely appreciated.

[A moderator removed personal information from this message]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, @Charlie Walsh

I'm sorry I removed all your personal information from your message. Unfortunately, there are both good and bad people who peruse these forums. I'm sure you do not want someone to abuse your contact information.

OK, you have Acrobat Pro. I think I understand what your goal is, but I have no clue as to how you are doing what you're trying to do. Please explain how you are copying the text and how you are trying to paste it into a different PDF. Part of my confusion is that you describe above "they have asked me to create a first-page that is a WORD narrative summary of the prolect." Are you wishing to paste into Word or a different PDF? 

Also, how did you try to convert a Word document into a PDF but failed? What process and steps did you take?

Lastly, you need to know that I do not work for Adobe. Rather, I'm just a volunteer who tries to help folks like you. As such, I do not have the capability to view your screen or things like that. If you want help in these forums, you need to do it by screenshots and text. That's what we have to work with here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines