Exit

Custom properties disappeared after print save

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Guys,

Me and my friend we  have adobe acrobar pro DC

we have one file with some created custom properties. When my friend click print and save as pdf then these custom properties are removed in new pdf document. why?

when I do the same steps then custom properties are in both pdfs. maybe there is some options/preferences which he have wrong?, what do you think?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"When my friend click print and save as pdf then these custom properties are removed in new pdf document. why?"

Because this is not a good practice.

Since he uses Acrobat Pro he should use : File menu : Save As (or Save).

Capture_559.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we do it, because in pdf we have huge amount of tickmarsk/stamps etc. and time to time we use print save to 'convert' them as picture - to still have them but as picture (to delete object). why we do it? - because sometimes the amount is couple thousand and acrobat is lagging 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you should "flatten" the comments and Save. Not print. This will be faster and leave all metadata untouched.

To flatten you can use a Preflight fixup or the "Flatten" plugin which is one of this free tools:

https://www.abracadabrapdf.net/utilitaires/utilities-in-english/abracadabratools_en/

Capture_566.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you print a PDF file to a PDF printer you're creating a completely new file, without any of the meta-objects that exist in the old one, such as metadata, form fields, comments, bookmarks, links, layers, etc.

As mentioned, this is considered bad practice, and there are better (and faster) ways of achieving what you're trying to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines