Exit

Custom Stamp for PDF documents - Auto fill during PDF printing

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Members,

Hope you are doing well.

For stamping documents (PDF), I do use physical stamp for each page of the document. [ refer to the image in this thread ].  Every page of the document is to be stamped and the information are handwritten for each of the fields (Attachment # , To, Page (e.g. 1 of 11 etc), Initial and date).Stamp.jpg

Can this be automated in Acrobat DC.  Please share your thoughts on how to stamp this digitally in PDF document where the stamp information in the printout is automatically updated.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks

MM

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not exactly. Once a stamp is applied its contents are static. However, there are ways to do it, without using a stamp.

You can use a script to add the background image and static text (maybe as a stamp, or maybe as an image or using comments), and then add (read-only) text fields in the places where the text needs to be inserted.

Another script can then be embedded into the file's Will Print event that will populate those fields when the user prints it. All of this will require the development of some custom-made code, but it should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your feedback.

If the script is coded, can the same script be processed for each file (like an excel macro) or the code has to be embedded for each file for the purpose of stamping.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please stop to send me massage every month I deleted just adobe 10000 mails
....stoped now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're not. If you're receiving messages it's because you subscribed to get them (maybe unknowingly). There's an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can be used for any file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @try67 

Thanks for your reply.

Taking your guidance, able to create the stamp successfully.  But I have to stamp for each page.  While stamping on every page, the page numbers are found to be correct. Thanks for that. 

Images stamped from each page is provided as below.

muthum3095159_1-1660216937606.png

muthum3095159_0-1660216909345.png

muthum3095159_3-1660217008438.png

Will I be able to automate above stamp (for each page) through scripting / other means instead of stamping every page?

Attached is the 'Stamp' file (PDF document) where you can find the scripting for each field. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that can be scripted. Do you want to always apply the stamp at the same location, or do you want the user to apply it once manually, and then duplicate it at that location? The former is easier to implement, of course, but both are possible.

I can create this script for you, for a small fee, if you're interested. Contact me privately to discuss it further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure @try67.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines