• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Desktop version of Adobe Pro does not have all editing options available

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2022 Jun 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Pro but the option to edit documents, combine files, etc. are not available. 

1) I DO NOT have Reader installed and I am not confusing it with reader

2) The options ARE available on the web version

3) I don't want to use the web version, I want to use the desktop version

Help!  I have spent too much time trying to figure this out, but I am about to cancel mu subscription

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show screen shot of Acrobat showing the Tools tab (and all tools) and window title. We might be able to figure what's going on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the Tool Tab menus 

Michael24919402flh7_0-1655733492443.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the exact version number of the application (You can find it out by going to Help - About Adobe Acrobat)? What's your OS version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the version information: 

Michael24919402flh7_0-1655733821466.png

and my OS is Windows 10 Enterprise 

Michael24919402flh7_1-1655733954330.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble.

As you have the recent version 22.120142 installed, please try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only). Go to Help > Repair Installation and reboot the computer once and see if that works.

Also try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may  also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows and try using the application there and check.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a hold of my IT guiy and we went through the steps outlined in the link. It did not solve the issue. Any other suggestions? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The repair installation did not work. I do not have access to the Windows Explorer for preferences changes. I literally just bought this program and have never had access to the desktop edit features so I am unsure how the preferences would have been altered from installation. Additonally, when I did the repair, It times out and stops working duing the repair about 30 seconds in. I think there is an issue with the software, not my preferences but that's just my guess. Is there anything else that I can do locally? My IT person does not work at my location and I rarely get access to him in a timely manner. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that, please try to remove the application using the Acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html  , reboot the computer once and reinstall the application using the link https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html and see if that helps.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines