Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dialog box that appears after clicking "Apply" for a redaction is blank

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe Support Community,

When I try to apply redactions in Acrobat, a blank dialog appears with no option to confirm the redaction. Screenshot attached. A few notes:

• The problem is reminiscent of the blank "Save As" dialog that appears if the "General > Show online storage when saving files" option is enabled (as it is by default). However, the recommended workaround of disabling that option does not seem to help in this case.
  • I can exit from the blank dialog by pressing "Escape", but pressing "Enter" does nothing.
  • This is not about the file I'm trying to redact being locked or signed. It's neither. As can be seen in the screenshot, this happens with the "Welcome to Document Cloud" example PDF that ships with Acrobat, and indeed with any PDF.
  • I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Acrobat, to no avail.

I'm using Acrobat Pro DC version 2021.001.20135 on Mac OS X Big Sur version 11.2.3, on an Intel-based Mac Pro from 2019.

Help would be appreciated as this is a breaking issue for me, with direct financial penalties (I can't submit unredacted credit card statements as evidence for reimbursements...)

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Edit and convert PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

- Try running a Repair Installation from the Help menu.

- You can apply redactions manually by running this script, from the JS Console or a menu item:

this.applyRedactions();

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- Try running a Repair Installation from the Help menu.

- You can apply redactions manually by running this script, from the JS Console or a menu item:

this.applyRedactions();

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. For the record, there isn't any "Repair Installation" option in the Help menu in my version of Acrobat. However, enabling the JavaScript console and then calling this.applyRedactions() worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I also have the same problem, Do you already have a solution? Thanx ahead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just encountered the same problem.  Tried to “save as” and got similar blank dialog box.  Searched for a problem with that, and found that you have to Open up Acrobat's preferences, Edit>Preferences, then go to the "General" category and deselect "Show online storage when saving files".

From here - https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader-discussions/quot-save-as-quot-box-is-blank/m-p/9177178

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I jumped the gun on that one and it still doesn't redact.  (But I can "save as" now!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, did anyone find a solution to this problem? Repair Installation does nothing. 2023 and the problem is still here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, this worked for me. Go to Edit, Preferences and then find Security (Enhanced) down the left hand side. Uncheck 'Enable Protected Mode at Startup' at the top and then close Adobe. When you go back in the blank boxes should work again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines