• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Different text/content

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a pdf using Adobe Experience Manager - Forms, used Adobe Acrobat to make it "save-able".

When users fill in the PDF and mail it to me, I see different text/content if I open the PDF in Chrome, Adobe Reader, or Adobe Acrobat. In Chrome and Reader, most texts are the same, but in Adobe Acrobat the text are total different.

When open the PDF in Notepad++, I can find the text from Chrome/Reader, but not the text in Adobe Acrobat.

Why does text differ when opened in different "viewers" (Chrome/Reader/Acrobat)?

How can I prevent it from happen? Prefer not to use java.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fill the form with Adobe Acrobat or Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We cannot control what program external users use. Only recommend.

Sometimes they open PDF-files with browser, and sometimes other PDF-readers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not all PDF viewers fills the AEM forms in the correct way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I have to open the PDF in the same program as external user has used in order for the file to be read correctly?

I have noticed that Chrome and Reader read the PDF-files the same way, but Adobe Acrobat read the PDF in another way. If a PDF is re-used, the new data is shown iv Chrome/Reader, but Acrobat shows the old data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

Export the form data and import it in an empty form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is one way of doing it, but it does not answer why Reader and Acrobat handle the same PDF in different ways.

Since we handle many PDF daily, we have to find a way to make sure the information we put in our system is correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does you see differences when you fill the form with Acrobat Reader or Adobe Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When internal person fill the form, we do not see any differences.

Problem occurs when external persons fill the form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AEM forms have a XML part and a PDF part. Some PDF viewers doesn't fill both parts correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines