• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital Signature Disappears When Opened In Acrobat Pro

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our business office is experiencing the following issue.

When a signed PDF is emailed to her, the signure disappears when she opens it in Acrobat Pro. The signature is displayed in the preview feature in Gmail so we have determined it IS there. But when it's downloaded and opened in Acrobat it is no longer displayed. The document was signed in Acrobat Pro, emailed to the Business office, downloaded then opened in Acrobat Pro. It is here where the signature is no longer showing as it shows in the email preview.

I then had the user send me the PDF and the signature displays in my email preview, but once I open it, it no longer displays. I attempted this on two different computers in both Acrobat Pro and Adobe Reader DC. All applications are up to date. We are running MacOS Catalina 10.15.6 on all computers. Unsure of what could be causing this and why the signature would show up when we view the file in the Gmail preview but then be cleared when opening it in Acrobat Pro/Reader DC on our end.

TOPICS
PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

had same issue. fix was to print to PDF then upload to Adobe Sign 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mljones,

We are sorry for the trouble. As described the signature is not displaying after sharing the file via email to a different user.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please reboot the computer once and try with a different PDF file and check. If its a file specific issue please share the file with us for testing.

Also make sure you have the latest version 20.12.20043 installed for Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

Also, go to View > Show/Hide > Navigation Panes > Signatures and see if this brings up the signatures in the PDF file.

For testing Purposes: Please try to open the PDF in a web browser (Chrome) and check if the signature is visible there.

What is the workflow/steps you are doing to share the signed PDF file? Please try to share the file using the share options available in Acrobat top right corner as shown in the screen shot below:

Capture.PNG

For more information about sharing the PDF files please look at the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/using/sharing-pdfs.html

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. We have tried rebooting, it only happens with one specific file though just just reported it happening again with a different file, I verified they are on the latest version of Adobe. I'd be happy to share the file for testing. What's the best way to share it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can attach it to the original message using the tiny paperclip icon at the bottom when you edit it, or upload it to a file-sharing website (like Dropbox, Google Drive, Adobe Cloud, etc.), generate a share link and then post it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Was this issue ever resolved? Our office is having the same issue and it's not with every document, but with a handful, the digital signatures disappear when downloaded from an email. We can see the digital signatures when we view the pdf form in our email in the browser (chrome), but once the pdf is downloaded and opened in adobe, all the digital signatures disappear. 

How do we fix this?? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, I believe it is not all files but some files. I open attached Acrobat form digitally signed, and it still shows up as unsigned signature field. This is also unsigned in signature pane. However when I open in chrome, digitally signed signature is there. Is there soemthing that needs to be done on acrobat to see the signature?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome doesn't have a signature panel, so what exactly do you mean by "when I open in chrome, digitally signed signature is there." Are you by any chance making that call by looking for an appearance signature? You really need to ignore appearance signatures and train everyone else to do so. This is vital, because appearance signatures can be faked in seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

STOP telling people to reboot, it doesn't work, adobe either shows sig's in chrome or in app, never both and they are too lazy to fix it, just want to blow smoke up your azz.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this actually signed in Acrobat, with an Acrobat signature method? If the SigFlags entry in the AcroForm dictionary is not set properly (bit position 1 set) Acrobat/Reader will think there are no signatures, and none will be displayed. 3rd party previewers don't look at that bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A digital signature isn't a mark on a page, and it's very important not to trust or look for any marks, because they can be faked in seconds. Look instead at the Signature panel (left hand side). Has the signature vanished from this panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you never open the file in an application like Apple Preview or inside a browser window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"What's the best way to share it?"

==> https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/sharing-pdfs.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this related to the digital signatures disappearing on pdf files? 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this issue ever been resolved?  I can't share my file because of the contents, but I am definitely having this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any solution? Signatures not appearing with opening with Acrobat. Signatures appear when opening PDF with MS Edge. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @grippybananas12 

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check. If the file is stored on a shared network/drive please download it to your computer locally and then try again.

What is the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 23.01.20093 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Win or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are useless

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

had same issue. fix was to print to PDF then upload to Adobe Sign 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Go to View > Show/Hide > Navigation Panes > Signatures and see if this brings up the signatures in the PDF file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2023 Nov 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think the problem might be with Outlook. I have had the same thing for a handful of doc.'s (not all of them but it randomly seems to happen). Printing from the email in Outlook also erased the signature for me. I signed in to my email via my organizations web browser and was able to print the doc. and keep both signatures. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines