• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital Signature does not show Properly

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work IT at a company full of engineers who use Acrobat Pro to sign documents. I just replaced a user's PC with a new laptop, and upon getting his Adobe set up, we are encountering an issue.

When he goes to use his Digital Signature, it appears with all the Letters in the Name and Date field stacked/jumbled on top of each other. Creating a new signature shows the same issue. 

What I've been messing with is the Text Direction... When set to Auto or Left-to-Right, it shows jumbled, but when you set it Right-to-Left, the characters all appear correctly. This leads me to believe this isnt a Font issue like I've seen suggested in other posts. 

I do not work with Adobe in my position, so I do not know much about its inner working. Any guidance would be appreciated in trying to solve this issue, as my user can not sign important documents until this is fixed, and I do not want to just tell him "Leave it Right-to-left" as I feel like that is ignoring the issue. 
MicrosoftTeams-image (66).pngMicrosoftTeams-image (68).pngMicrosoftTeams-image (67).png

TOPICS
PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please share the Acrobat Version . Is this issue reproducible on all PDF's or is this specific to a PDF ? We are not able to reproduce this at our end kindly share the issue pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I apologize for my late reply.

Acrobat is Version 2023.008.20470 64-bit

Yes, this affects all PDFs on the user's laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the details. This is a known issue due to the font used in the digital signature. That's why the text appearance is not correct for the signatures. Kindly create PDFs using Acrobat PDF services so that font data is not corrupt in the resultant PDF. Please use text appearance Right-to-Left until it gets fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there, sorry for my delayed reply as I was off work on 1.19.24.

I work for a military contractor that has PDFs generated from applications used to collect data from our machines. It is not as simple as "create our PDFs in Adobe".

There is no other solution? This is affecting a single user in our whole environment. Everyone else is able to use their digital signatures on any PDF needed..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines