• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital signature field

Participant ,
Jun 27, 2016 Jun 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In DC I no longer find the Digital Signature field.

I am creating a form for a client who wants to capture a Digital Signature.

On the Prepare Form toolbar there is "Add a Signature" and "Add a signature Block". I've used these and defined the field as "signature" but when I open the form in Reader, the field just accepts plain text. I've used digital signature field before and it always shows up with the red marker in the field.

Is this option no longer in DC or am I missing something?

Thanks

Brian

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 27, 2016 Jun 27, 2016

What you've done is created a form that's compatible with Adobe's E-sign services (Adobe Sign, e-signatures online, formerly EchoSign | Adobe Document Cloud ), which is entirely different than and incompatible with digital signatures. When in form editing mode, select the "More" button and select "Revert to Acrobat Form". You'll then be able to add a digital signature field.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you've done is created a form that's compatible with Adobe's E-sign services (Adobe Sign, e-signatures online, formerly EchoSign | Adobe Document Cloud ), which is entirely different than and incompatible with digital signatures. When in form editing mode, select the "More" button and select "Revert to Acrobat Form". You'll then be able to add a digital signature field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you George,

I had spent 2 hours struggling with this, delving into the form, searching the web and Adobe help for the answer to this without success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this. I also just spent 2 hours trying to find this answer in any of the Adobe Help features without any luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

O

M

F

G

Why? Why is this ESSENTIAL information SO buried? How much time wasted to find such a FUNDAMENTAL feature of Acrobat forms?

Thanks you for your answer. I can finally go to lunch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe Guideline is so useless.  I am looking for any hints in adding signature blocks.   I did it with prepare form but it made everything with a line a signature and I don't know where the delete button is.  If you can make the interface so different then why can't Adobe generate an intuitive or easy to follow guideline.  Horrific and waste of time.  Kaka guideline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree it took me over 2 hours to find the answer to this problem. I thought DC was broken. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

George, you're a legend. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU !! GOOD LORD THIS WAS RIDICULOUS!  COST ME 2 HOURS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why this information is so buried however this is the response I got from Adobe Chat Support

a Signature block includes the signature of the signer, signer's email, name & date

a Signature field only includes the signature of the signer, and date.

However these are NOT digital signatures. I asked if they supported digital signatures and was sent to the following link

No idea why this is so buried but I hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same proble but cant get it to work. When in editing mode I click more and when it drops down i see the image below. very frustrating.Signatures.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to be in form editing mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is 'Form Editing' mode?  I only know 'Edit PDF' on the tools section, similar to what coryl24409654​ ​experienced.  Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tools > Prepare Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No 'More' button there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What can you see at the right side?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I see under "Prepare Forms",  'Edit PDF' on the tools section, similar to what coryl24409654 displayed above. Untitled.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the right side above the field list I can see "More".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on the More button I don't see "Revert to Acrobat".  This is what I see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you looking for it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create a signature field, and all of the discussions above say I need to edit the form, go to More, and then click on Revert to Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mouse click on the icon for signature fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to e-mail the form to a specific person.  I just want to create an e-signature field that anyone can sign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can you see something about e-mail?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines