• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Document flickering when using Output Preview

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using Adobe Acrobat 2021.011.20039 on MacOS 10.15.7, the document flickers when viewing it through Output Preview.
I had the same problem on an earlier version of Acrobat (2021.05), but it has gotten a lot worse since.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Version 23.003.20201 that was just released today fixes this issue! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anything going to be done? This has been going on for over a year now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was fixed back in June.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to the latest version of Acrobat and now have several Mac's now exhibiting the screen flicker issue with Output Preview open. VERY DISAPPOINTING to see that a solution has not been implemented yet given the age of this thread!

And before it is suggested, resetting Acrobat preferences DOES NOT do anything!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea that didn't work. We pay a monthly fee can you guyus fix this and give us another update. Acrobat has become a major problem for us. Looking at other solutuions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same problem for almost a year and still no fix, Output preview is very useful in our work. It's really frustrating!

Is Adobe working on the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this been resolved yet? This is hindering my workflow!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is and has coninitued to be headache in the printing industry where we have to constantly check Separation Colors via the Output Preview window.  I've been following this post for months now and very sad to see the response from Adobe Employee's -  "This issue is already reported to our engineering team for the fix." which offers no support for us, the paying customers.   It's almost been a year for an issue that is quite apparent.

How this problem has not triggered any seizures with people yet is just a miracle.  This flickering is really annoying to the point it has forced me to find a work around - placing my PDF into Illustrator/InDesign and use that Separation Preview window to see my color separations.

Sending any logs or video of what is happening seems to be a deadend as it has been well documented by many other users for a while now and they haven't received responses re- this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest update installed and still the issue persists. 

If this issue has been passed on to the engineering team (and has been with them for some time now), why are we receiving no feedback and why is it still not listed as a known issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are great questions, especially the second one given that there are likely users out there with Epilepsy using Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same issue for quite some time. It makes me dislike an application I use everyday all day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed 22.003.20281 and this issue IS STILL NOT RESOLVED. UNBELIEVEABLE!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Amal. has there been any progress on a bug fix/update for this? We're seeing this on v 2022.002.20191

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @kevin stohlmeyer 

The issue is reported to our engineering team. We haven't heard anything from them yet.

We will update you as soon as we get any information from them.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Amal., can't you or somebody else reach out to the engineering team and find out where this stands?! I mean, it's basically been a year since this was reported! It's unconscionable to me that something like THIS has not yet been resolved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @hopkinsprinting 

This issue is still under investigation by our engineering team and is being worked upon.

We will update you as soon as we get any information from them.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This reply sounds very diplomatic and with no information whatsoever.   I'm sorry, but for the amount we pay for this subscription we should be able to get more updates or information regarding this partifuclar issue than just "under investigation by our engineering team" .. considering it is the same reply we got a year ago. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed version 22.003.20310. Still not fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@hopkinsprinting Nobody said the new version would fix this. We're all still waiting for Adobe to announce that there is a fix in X version being released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought other users would like to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And now a new issue has presented itself. I have a PDF open containing Acrobat form elements. When I click an insertion point into any of the text fields, the PDF starts flickering until I click a non-active part of the page.

EDIT: the Output Preview panel was NOT open at the time.

EDIT 2: if I open the Output Preview panel, I get a serious strobe light effect for several seconds. Time to revert to the previous version. Sigh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to 2023.001.20063 hoping that it fixed the issue. Yea no it didn't. This has been going on for years, whats the problem adobe fix this already!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been getting a triple screen flash inbetween every page today viewing a PDF with Ouput Preview open. I think Adobe need to drop the word Pro from Acrobat Pro or maybe it should read Acrobat 'Pro'.

On the plus side the subscription price has increased in the last 12 months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello folks, 

We have found a potential fix for the issue. We will try and accomodate it in the next upcoming release.

Regards
Shrey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OUTSTANDING!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope didn't work just updated Acrobat to 2023.001.20177

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines