• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Double Click Doesn't Open PDF on the 2nd file

Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I couldn't open the 2nd PDF file via double click recently.  I'm able to open the 2nd PDF file via drag and drop or File menu > Open in Acrobat Pro.  i'm using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC version 2020.013.20074.  Help!

TOPICS
Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

The problem was in the 'Enable Protected Mode at startup (Preview)', turning this opton on would disable opening 2nd PDF file from Double Click for my case.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Moyura,

Have you started experiencing this behaviour immediately after installing the update? Was there any changes made into your system? The 2nd file you are trying to double click and open, where exactly its located? 

Also, when you open the 2nd file through drag-drop or File>Open then it opens in different Tab of same window of Acrobat or in another Windows itself?

Try a few steps-

1- Reboot you system first. As it could be a temporary issue

2- Try again. Doesn't work, then Open Acrobat>Help>Repair Installation. (As it could be the update issue)

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to go back to normal today, may it has something to do with the Security in Preferences, becuase I had to click enable button when I want to do some changes so I turned this option off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem was in the 'Enable Protected Mode at startup (Preview)', turning this opton on would disable opening 2nd PDF file from Double Click for my case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Esta solução funcionou para mim. (finalmente)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interesting. And how did you turn this off? I cannot find the "Enabled Protected Mode in Startup"  Was this for Adobe Acrobate Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines