• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drop down date field inoperable

Explorer ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a form that includes a drop-down date field, which I've done several times before with no issue, and while the arrow is there to click to select the date, when I click it, my computer just makes a sound, nothing happens within Acrobat. This is driving me crazy! I've tried deleting the field altogether, creating a new one, and same thing, clicking the arrow does nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I've never had this problem before. 

File is attached 🙂

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Ok, I will change it to that. Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't realize the widget would appear w/o the drop-down field.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the actual file with us?

You can attach it to the original message using the tiny paperclip icon at the bottom when you edit it, or upload it to a file-sharing website (like Dropbox, Google Drive, Adobe Cloud, etc.), generate a share link and then post it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to add I saw a previous community post that mentioned app preferences needed to be reset, which I did and that didn't correct the problem. The thread also mentioned it may be a monitor used when docking that's blocking the field from working as expected, and that undocking and just using the computer would get the dropdown to work, and that didn't work for me either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I attached an edited version of the file, still can't use the date field. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use a text field, not a drop-down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I could do that, but that doesn't offer the user convenience to select vs. type in the date, which reduces fat-finger mistakes. I've never had this issue before, and I've made several forms with drop-down date fields. Have you not encountered this before? I will do the text field as a workaround but was more hoping for a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not true. If the user has a relatively new version of Reader clicking into a text field with the Date setting selected will cause a calendar widget to appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I will change it to that. Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't realize the widget would appear w/o the drop-down field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I have the same problem as @valeriecarina - I tried to replace with the text field and it's still doing the same thing. What else can I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does you create dropdown date field?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Prepare tool, I put a drop-down field and formatted it as a date mm/dd/yyyy and made it required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your drop-down field I can*t see any item under options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, so when i create a field like that for date, I'd have to have supplied the dates for the user to choose from. That makes sense, I didn't think of it that way. No wonder it wouldn't work. Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Para fecha debes utilizar un campo de texto y validarlo como fecha. Cuando la persona que rellene la fecha lo haga, en Adobe Reader DC, le aparecerá solo el desplegable con el calendario. Saludos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines