• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dumb Adobe Acrobat - Not exporting to JPEG or PNG (AGAIN)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is exporting 0 data files that do not show up other than "Recents". Client sent me PDFs, which I opened, renamed, and SAVED using Adobe Acrobat (Fully Subscribed to Adobe Creative Suite). Since all kinds of sketchy PDF creators are out there, I open in Adobe Acrobat, rename and export as an Adobe Acrobat file. Then close Adobe Acrobate, re-open, open the new renamed files and only then try to export as jpg. 

Today this process fails and no useable jpg file is accessible.

Pretty sad I have to take a screenshot of an Adobe Acrobat document so as to have a jpg so as to meet client time frame expectations.

All my Creative Cloud apps are update. Adobe Acrobat shows version 22.0 (Windows 11)

What is the cure this time?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note that the original PDF creator used appears to be Apple's Quartz PDF
From Adobe Acrobat Document Properties (same for original and saved, renamed version)
PDF Producer: Mac OS X 10.13.6 Quartz PDFContext
PDF Version: 1.3 (Acrobat 4.x)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Workaround
Use Photoshop to open version of PDF that was renamed and saved, then export as jpg. Photoshop does not see the original Apple Quartz PDF created file.
Suggestion Adobe, flag a PDF that does fully meet Adobe Acrobat compatibility instead of opening the file and failing at export.
or
Alert to rename/save and then using PhotoShop to convert to image.
or
just fix it so that if Adobe Acrobat opens a PDF, it will function as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Wudman,

Hope you are doing well. Sorry for your experience with Acrobat.

Would you mind trying the conversion through our online tool: https://acrobat.adobe.com/

Let us know if you experience the issue there as well so we can investigate further.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.  I choose to export to jpeg, and choose where to save it, it appears to save it but its nowhere to be found in the folder, and no error message to say it didn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning off Protected Mode (Preferences - Security (Enhanced)) 

NOT Protected View.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for replying. The protected view is off though. I'm having a
problem saving to jpeg, I can save to .png with no problem. When asked to
export to jpeg it appears to be doing it, it doesn't tell me there's an
error but I can't find the file where I requested to save it. Searching
for the file also doesn't find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Protected VIEW needs to be off, but also protected MODE must be off. This is the problem one, as Adobe seem to have turned it on for everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me! 🙂 Protected View was already off, but Protected Mode had been checked (without my knowing it). I unchecked Protected Mode, and Bingo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2023 Jun 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That was a really crazy thing for Adobe to make that change. I had to go back and do a ton of work after having thought files were converted from PDF to JPG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Wudman wrote:

Adobe Acrobat (Fully Subscribed to Adobe Creative Suite)...

All my Creative Cloud apps are update. Adobe Acrobat shows version 22.0 (Windows 11)

Since you are not using Adobe Acrobat Online (where you posted), I have moved your thread to Adobe Acrobat for you.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines