• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing a PDF without it open [Javascript]

Participant ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to edit PDF fields from outside a pdf?

My goal is to have a place (another pdf, javascript, python) where I can input field values that will then change field values in multiple other pdfs.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , How to , JavaScript , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

PDF Libraries are tools for programmers to work with PDF files. Some of these use the programming language Java. Java is a different language, NOT short for JavaScript. These libraries are not made by Adobe so they are outside the scope of this group.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not with Acrobat. You mentioned python, though, where I'm sure it's possible. You can also use other PDF libraries for stand-alone applications, like in Java.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also use other PDF libraries for stand-alone applications, like in Java.

By @try67

Sorry, @try67  I don't understand. could you please elaborate?

Thanks for your quick answer and help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF Libraries are tools for programmers to work with PDF files. Some of these use the programming language Java. Java is a different language, NOT short for JavaScript. These libraries are not made by Adobe so they are outside the scope of this group.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As TSN correctly said, this goes beyond the scope of this forum. If you're interested in hiring someone to create such a tool for you feel free to contact me privately via [try6767 at gmail.com].

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines