Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 109 when I modify a PDF on the local network after a standby output

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm working alot on PDF with the modify and annotation option.

My laptop (Windows 10) is in my compagny domain (active directory) and files we're working on are located in the files server (local network).

Here the example :

I modify a PDF on the files server, I close my laptop cover, I get back to it after minimum 15 minutes and my PDF is either blank or get a 109 error [An error occured during the treatment of an annotation or a link. There was a problem reading this document (109)].

We tried to reinstall Adobe with the last update twice but it's not working either.

We also tried on another computer (Windows 10 in the compagny domain AD) and we have the same error.

On another hand, we don't have any problems with others files like Office (Word, Excel, etc...).

I've desactivate the standy and hibernate mode but once again it's not working better.

I'm trying to save my PDF files each time before I close my laptop because once I get the error, the PDF will close by itself and I'll loose my previous modifications.

Thanks for your help,

Regards,

Vincent

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I got intrigued about the 109 error message and by reading your post very carefully, it seems like the error you are getting is not necessarily  related to how the file(s) are accessed from the file server and how they are modified by users participating in the Active Domain(s).

I am referencing three links below that may pose a possible solutions to your case

There was a problem reading this document (109) (Acrobat Reader)

How to Solve the Adobe Acrobat Error 109 | TurboFuture

https://windowsreport.com/adobe-reader-error-109-fix/?amp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In any case, if you still find no soultuon after trying some of the suggestions that I referenced for you, then it may be convenient to check how the files are being saved or accessed locally on each computer or accross the different network folders.

I would also consider if recent changes occured while mapping network drives, if any changes occured to files and folder attributes/permissions, including user profiles via group policy.

And lastly, it would be also smart to check if the file/folder synchronization between network resources is occuring automatically with any cloud service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for reading my case and taking it in consideration.

I got intrigued about the 109 error message and by reading your post very carefully, it seems like the error you are getting is not necessarily  related to how the file(s) are accessed from the file server and how they are modified by users participating in the Active Domain(s).

=> I forgot to write an information, If I work on the same PDF files but on a local computer (a copy), I don't have any error doing the same operations as before.

=> I have the 109 error on multiples PDF files, not only one who could've been corrupted.

-

=> I didn't desactivate this  "Save as… optimizes for fast web view" option yet. I'll try it on Friday for sure.

-

How to Solve the Adobe Acrobat Error 109 | TurboFuture

=> We tried to create new PDF files and download randoms one but we have the same error

=> We're not trying to view the PDF in our browser because we need to work in Adobe Reader in order to use options available

=> We already have updated our Acrobat Reader and reinstalled it

=> There isn't third party software like GhostScript, Visual Basic and Active Reports installed. We also tried on a fresh new computer with only W10 installed on it.

-

https://windowsreport.com/adobe-reader-error-109-fix/?amp

=> We didn't started a repair because we have uninstalled it, reboot the computer and reinstalled

=> We work with the Adobe Reader, we can't use an alternative software in our compagny

-

In any case, if you still find no solution after trying some of the suggestions that I referenced for you, then it may be convenient to check how the files are being saved or accessed locally on each computer or accross the different network folders.

I would also consider if recent changes occured while mapping network drives, if any changes occured to files and folder attributes/permissions, including user profiles via group policy.

And lastly, it would be also smart to check if the file/folder synchronization between network resources is occuring automatically with any cloud service.

=> I'm connected on my computer with my AD session, I don't work that much on local files because we need to work based on the server files. Each AD account has some rights for read, modify, delete, etc... and mine has access rights to folders containing PDFs files I'm working on.

=> Whenever I open a PDF file on the server, I just save it each time I do a modification and close it without changing the destination of the save.

=> There aren't changes while mapping network drives. I also tried without the network drive, just by accessing it in the explorer directory.

=> There isn't a synchronization  between network resources with a cloud service

Thanks for your help,

Regards,

Vincent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to ask,

Is your Adobe configured to save files automatically? If yes, every how many minutes would it save an opened file automatically?

I always lower this option to 5 mins... i consider 15 minutes (if this would be your case, for example), it is a lot of time by which important work could be missed in the event that your hybernate or power saving plan kicks in sooner than the file gets a chance to save itself with recent changes.

That being said, have you explored which option can you modify under Edit----> Preferences-----> Security (Enhanced)

And also the Trust Manager settings.

And what happens if you try to turn off

the Data Execution Prevention (DEP) on both the file server side and on the client side at the active domain level?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2019 Jul 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Vincent ATN,

I hope you found a solution to your issue.

Below is a thread of someone who had a similar issue that occured in his network environment after an Adobe update.

Then  the problem disappeared when Adobe pushed another update on the 4th of July.

Randomly cannot open PDF's on more than 1 computer at same time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, I was unavailable...

I have been reading all your solutions as below and I'll try them asap (maximum next week) :

-> I didn't desactivate this  "Save as… optimizes for fast web view" option yet

Is your Adobe configured to save files automatically?

I always lower this option to 5 mins... i consider 15 minutes (if this would be your case, for example), it is a lot of time by which important work could be missed in the event that your hybernate or power saving plan kicks in sooner than the file gets a chance to save itself with recent changes.

-> I'll give it a try as well.

That being said, have you explored which option can you modify under Edit----> Preferences-----> Security (Enhanced)

And also the Trust Manager settings.

And what happens if you try to turn off the Data Execution Prevention (DEP) on both the file server side and on the client side at the active domain level?

-> I didn't explored and modified these settings yet, I'll give it a try as well.

Below is a thread of someone who had a similar issue that occured in his network environment after an Adobe update.

Then  the problem disappeared when Adobe pushed another update on the 4th of July.

Randomly cannot open PDF's on more than 1 computer at same timeI

-> I'll go for that first, might be a good patch ye.

Thanks for your help and your link to the other thread.

Best regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines