Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 1603 generates a 404 error

Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2023 Jul 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened a pdf file.

An auto-update began - and failed Error 1603.

The 'Details' link caused a 404 Error.

Sigh!

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Sep 10, 2023 Sep 10, 2023

Update:

Attempting to remove Adobe Acrobat from the Adobe Cloud app failed.

However, removing Adobe Acrobat from Windows / Apps removal did work. After the removal completed, I rebooted and then reinstalled Adobe Acrobat from the Adobe Cloud app. 

Everything is working again. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2023 Jul 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @icanopit 

Hope you are doing well.

Seems the auto-update is getting failed in between the process. Could you please try installing the update manually-

1- First, close the application and its processes from the task manager

2- Once done, open Acrobat >help>install update

3- else, download the patch from here- https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html 

Let us know if it still doesn't work.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

I have no desire to enter Task Manager and find/do what you suggest.

As a user, I should not need to become an 'error-correction agent' for Adobe.

I get the feeling that these processes have NOT BEEN TESTED before being released to users.

Adobe needs to get its act together, while I spend my time in things that interest me, instead of spending my time 'down a rabbit hole'.

Kindest Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 09, 2023 Sep 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the EXACT same problem. 
AND I have tried a manual install! 

But first, let's talk about the 1st annoying bug. Like the OP, I too see the Update Failed message with the "Details" link. When I click that link, I am also taken to a 404 Error page! Why?

shawninvancouver_0-1694313611113.png

shawninvancouver_1-1694313626386.png

All my Cloud Apps except the Adobe Acrobat are updating without issues. Now, Acrobat is so far behind in updates, it is beginning to warn me that I'll be locked out of the app for not updating. 

shawninvancouver_2-1694313729091.png

Incidentally, I did manage to locate the error message and I tried every potential solution. I still cannot update Acrobat!

Furthermore, I am really disappointed with the one official Adobe response from AkanchhaS.
Seriously? That is the extent of your assistance. We pay a LOT of money for the Adobe Cloud suite and I think we deserve a bit better service. 😞
1. Your support is inadequate and kind of dismissive.

2. Your suggestion to download the patch from here- https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html  - is completely useless because this is just a history of release notes... 100's of release notes. Where is the patch you speak of?
3. Had you done a little research, you should have pointed icanopit  to the correct page that covers the error (see my link, above). 
4. Another suggestion you failed to mention is to uninstall Adobe Acrobat and reinstall. Sometimes through no specific fault of an application, files become corrupted. It's the nature of computers! Anyhow, that is my next step to solve this long-annoying problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 09, 2023 Sep 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally, there is another obvious bug in the Adobe Cloud package. Obviously, my Adobe Acrobat is severely out-of-date

shawninvancouver_3-1694314664715.png
22.003.20282 (Win), 22.003.20281 (Mac) Optional update, Nov 17, 2022  - So, it hasn't successfully updated since November, 2022! 
But there must be a bug in the Adobe Cloud Desktop app because it thinks that Acrobat is up-to-date:

shawninvancouver_4-1694314869338.png

I'll post a follow-up after I attempt to remove and reinstall Acrobat from the Cloud Desktop app.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 10, 2023 Sep 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update:

Attempting to remove Adobe Acrobat from the Adobe Cloud app failed.

However, removing Adobe Acrobat from Windows / Apps removal did work. After the removal completed, I rebooted and then reinstalled Adobe Acrobat from the Adobe Cloud app. 

Everything is working again. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines