• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

errors during installation adobe acrobat DC (Mac)

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot install Adobe Acrobat DC on my brand new MacBook Pro. It keeps telling me that there was a problem installing. Below is the message I get when I click on more information.

Exit Code: 7

Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example, ERROR: DW003, DW006 ...

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 2 error(s)

----------- Payload: Adobe Acrobat DC 18.9.20044.0 Acrobat DC/Acrobat DC Installer.pkg_18.009.20044 -----------

ERROR: DW006: Apple Package failed to install successfully.

ERROR: DW003: Third party payload installer Acrobat DC/Acrobat DC Installer.pkg failed with exit code: 1

I downloaded Ps, Ai and Id from creative cloud with no problem but acrobat will not install. I have tried many of the forum fixes that I have read but with no luck. How do I resolve this issue so I can use Acrobat? I can only see pdf's in preview. Please help!

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution that worked for me with the help of Adobe was to completely remove all CC Apps i.e., run the cleaner tool and then manually delete all remnants of CC files and folders and then reinstall Acrobat DC using a seperate installation file i.e., not the Installer app. After starting Acrobat and checking it was functioning correctly the CC installer app was installed, then I installed the CC Apps e.g., PS, AI, DW etc. now all is working smoothly.

Disappointing to have to do this on a new mac out of the box, apparently it is down to a conflict between Adobe CC Apps.

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having exactly the same problem, but have so far not found any solution that has worked. Adobe Support has even (on three occasions in the last week) logged onto my Mac, and attempted to get Acrobat to install, but with no success. We have now completely uninstalled every CC app on my Mac, cleaned it half a dozen times (using the CC Cleaner Tool), uninstalled any "rogue" elements left behind by previous attempts to install Acrobat, using the Acrobat Cleaner Tool, and done a re-install of the OS, but still Acrobat DC will not install.

Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator have all installed successfully (and thank goodness for Time Machine backups, that allowed me to reset all my plugins, preferences, scripts, etc, etc). But Acrobat DC is being stubborn. Even when CC is completely removed, and a stand-alone installation of Acrobat DC is attempted, using a downloaded installer, it hangs at the stage of "Running Package Scripts", even after leaving it for 3 days in that state. And we have tried after logging in as a root user (as other threads have suggested), or after removing any Safari plugin helpers (as some threads have suggested).

I have also tried to install a copy of Acrobat Pro XI (with a genuine licence key from a previous install) and that fails, too.

Thankfully we have other Macs in the studio and our work is not entirely crippled, but we really do need to get this Mac fully loaded with a suite of software, and Acrobat is absolutely crucial to our workflow.

So come on, Adobe - it is obviously not an isolated problem on only my machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue since the last 4 days and two sessions of remote support did not solve the issue, on escalation it was handled by another agent, but unsuccessful. There is something seriously wrong.

ADOBE should get this right!

The same issue is been addressed at various forums like not Printing etc, and its time adobe creates a thread specifically mapping based on Error Codes so that it will benefit all the users to troubleshoot themselves  based on the CBOK( Common body of knowledge) based on error codes and its resolution.

Deepak

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found a very easy workaround for the issue.

Create a new "admin User" in system preferences "Users and Groups"

Log out of current user and into new user.

Sign into "Creative Cloud" with your UN and PW

Install the app Ex: Acrobat DC

After install, sign out of the new user and sign back in to the old user.

Launch the app and it should work now.

~Lou

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A different suggestion, Lou, thanks.

I tried it and the update still failed, with the same error message.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this solution helps you. I had the same problem. Couldn't install Acrobat DC Iva Creative Cloud. Always had "Error 7".

What did I do first?

I had installed Creative Cloud, than Photoshop, than Illustrator and so on. than when it came to Adobe: "Error 7".

Secondly?

Tried installing manually - Didn't work ...

Finally!

Uninstalled Photoshop & Co and! Creative Cloud

Downloaded Acrobat and installed it manually and it works fine.

Than I installed the Creative Cloud and startet downloading Photoshop & Co.

And?!

Everything works fine

Try it

Michael F.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Друзья!
Лично мне помог решить эту проблему вот такой способ:

1. Удалил вручную (руками) папку с испорченными файлами Acrobat Pro из раздела «Программы».

2. Скачал установщик по ссылке: https://cloud.acrobat.com/acrobat 3. Установил заново.

Надеюсь, кому-то помогло.

Привет из России!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone else having installation issues, I managed to fix by looking at the file:

/var/log/install.log

and discovered this error:

2019-02-05 12:22:43-05 MacBook-Pro installd[12524]: PackageKit: Executing script "./postinstall" in /private/tmp/PKInstallSandbox.4CIFrX/Scripts/com.adobe.acrobat.DC.viewer.app.pkg.MUI.GoarZH

2019-02-05 12:22:44-05 MacBook-Pro installd[12524]: ./postinstall: /tmp/PKInstallSandbox.4CIFrX/Scripts/com.adobe.acrobat.DC.viewer.app.pkg.MUI.GoarZH/postinstall: /private/tmp/PKInstallSandbox.4CIFrX/Scripts/com.adobe.acrobat.DC.viewer.app.pkg.MUI.GoarZH/Tools/mergeplists.py: /usr/bin/python: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

2019-02-05 12:22:44-05 MacBook-Pro installd[12524]: ./postinstall: Could not install PDFAdminSettings

Adobe requires Python 2.7 to be installed in /usr/bin. I previously upgraded to 3.x and for some reason, the original binary was not in the directory. Linking /usr/bin/python2.7 to /usr/bin/python resolved the issue.

ln -s /usr/bin/python2.7 /usr/bin/python

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tom.. what does that mean in non-programmers language? I can find the var file, but what do I do after that?

Forgive my know-nothingness.. "Im a doctor Jim, not a software engineer!"

Thanks

Asa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you find a log file, you read it. You might be able to make sense out of it, but most people can't. If not, you post it. If it's short, you can put it in a post. If not, you can share it on the web and post a link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally - almost 10 months later - I found a solution that worked for me. Hooray!

I was attempting to create a bootable USB Mac OS installer disk, and the process kept failing with an error that pointed to the fact that the permissions on my startup disk would not allow the process. Specifically "sudo: no valid sudoers found, quitting".

Putting on my forensic hat, I waded through the installer logs that were generated when I attempted to update Acrobat - and I found the same error messages, and they preceded the premature failure of the installation by only a few lines in the log.

After a little Googling, I found many references to repairing permissions on Mac startup disks, specifically related to this error, and lots of suggestions about how to go about it. In fact the simplest solution seemed to be simply restoring the correct permissions using the Mac Finder:

• Finder -> Go -> Go to folder and enter /etc/sudoers and push Go button. Highlight the file "sudoers" -> click on "Get Info" -> unlock the padlock at the bottom right, and change permissions to: System: Read & Write;  Wheel: Read Only;  Everyone: Read Only. (My settings were all "Read & Write"). Lock the padlock and close the Info box.

The whole process took less than 60 seconds.

After making a full backup of my Mac (including all the preferences and plugins for Acrobat), I tried the Acrobat update again, with fingers crossed - and it worked! I watched with a huge grin on my face as the installer logs churned through almost 7 minutes of writing new files, deleting old files and finally reporting success.

I must admit to a feeling of relief. And an incredible feeling of annoyance with all the Adobe support techs who simply tried the same "solutions" each time I contacted them over the last ten months, even after reading and re-reading my case history, and escalating the issue, many times over.

As Einstein NEVER said - "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

I hope perhaps that my eventual success might help someone else who has experienced this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2019 Jul 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed my problem.

I'm so non-technical that I don't know what I did - in fact, I barely understood how to do what you're procedures told me - really had to think hard about what you were saying - I know, I know, it's simply and not confusing but...

So I did that and didn't really do anything else - I had previously....

- re-installed OSX

- completely cleaned all Adobe files using CleanMyMac X and also do a spotlight search and destroy for all preferences or anything adobe - I even tried deleting Adobe fonts but OSX stopped me in Font Book - probably a good thing.

- proved that all other adobe files would install - bridge, dream, etc.

- created a new admin user

- ran in SAFE MODE

- etc, etc.

This time I just made the changes you described and went to CC and said INSTALL and it worked. Many thanks to JPHM!

PS I also looked at logs but clearly didn't get that out of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finder -> Go -> Go to folder and enter /etc/sudoers and push Go button. Highlight the file "sudoers" -> click on "Get Info" -> unlock the padlock at the bottom right, and change permissions to: System: Read & Write;  Wheel: Read Only;  Everyone: Read Only. (My settings were all "Read & Write"). Lock the padlock and close the Info box.

Worked like a dream!

Even stopped the hung installer from hanging!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm on a Macbook Pro and this worked for me! Well -- initially it didn't work. What I had to do in addition to changing the /etc/sudoers permissions was:

• Move-to-Trash the "Adobe Acrobat DC" folder under Applications that contained the corrupted files
  • Run a Repair through the Adobe CC Uninstaller 

These two steps, together with changing permissions on /etc/sudoers, allowed the installation to go through! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually this issue has only been going on since 2009.. why should Adobe fix it?

I have NEVER been able install Adobe DC and probably will give up again, though Adobe XI is now getting very buggy and unstable with Mojave.. If only Adobe gave a darn...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same problem too. To get it working I:

1. Uninstalled all other CC apps
  2. I used an uninstaller from a backup copy of the application folder to remove Acrobat
  3. Creative Cloud still thought Acrobat was installed so I got CC to “uninstall” as well
  4. Quit CC
  5. Launched CC
  6. Installed Acrobat from CC and it installed fine
  7. Installed all other apps

Not sure if it was just a fluke, but worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having errors after changing the sudoers file permissions

Foxit reader will get the job done for now, Adobe has left me no choice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried fixing permissions on /etc/sudoers and it didn't help. But I did manage to fix the problem:

– try to install and wait for Creative Cloud to fail

– open /tmp in the Finder and located the temporary folder created for Acrobat DC installation (probably the most recently modified folder, with a junk name)

– copy that folder somewhere else (i.e. the desktop) and open the copy

– inside is a disk image called something like 'Acrobat_DC_Web_WWMUI.dmg'

– mount the disk image and run the installer .pkg inside.

I did get an error about CS6 installer not being optimised for the current OS (Mojave) which might or might not be related. And after installation I got a couple of messages about Acrobat controlling Powerpoint etc. My suspicion is that part or all of the installer is too old for Mojave, and the error messages cause Creative Cloud to fail even though they aren't consequential and the software will install if run manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this solved my most frustrating issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed. Clear thwe corrupted download from you temp folder and re-download. Worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines