Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Errors while signing PDFs created with Adobe Acrobat Pro

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I work for a company where we prepare to be signed dozens of documents, and the process has always been the same, smoothless. However, since I got last Adobe Acrobat Pro (version 2022.003.20322), users who try to sign using the signature fields sometimes get the error in the image. Other times, it's something about a HTF problem (I don't know what HTF is). I can't see a pattern; sometimes it happens, to some users but not to others; sometimes it doesn't.

Beln28560071k6lk_0-1677176707292.png

We use Office 365, so the process involves saving the document as PDF (better that exporting, because it takes much longer, I don't know if that may be the key), adding the signature fields and then saving the PDF as other >> reader extended PDF >> enable more tools. As I said, my colleagues and I never had any problem until a few weeks ago.

I have to mention that signers are using Reader to open and sign the document, could it be the Reader version? That would explain why it happens to some people but not all of them.

Last time it happened, I tried to export it to PDF from LibreOffice instead of Word Office 365. Oddly enough, that worked...

I would appreciate if anybody knows what is happening here.

Thank you very much!

TOPICS
PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Belén28560071k6lk 

We apologize for the delay in response. Just in case you are still looking for the resolution:

This is quite an unexpected behavior, as either the form would work in Reader or not. It works for some users but not for others and is something we need to look at-

Like, For the user who hasn't been able to work with it, are they using an older version of Reader?

Ask them to update the application to the latest version: 

Go to Acrobat Reader> Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once (you must save all the work before restarting)

To download the patch manually, more information about this release is here: Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader

Or, disable the following preferences setting in Reader and then open the form:

Navigate to Reader>Edit>Preferences>Security (Enhanced)>disable "Protected View" and "Enhanced Security">OK>Reboot Reader

You may also follow the same steps and update your Acrobat Pro to the most recent version.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am first time here, so sorry for starting new topis on started topic. 🙂

I have, I believe, specific problem with digitaly signing my PDF document which solution I've tried to find via google on many sites, but without success. This is written When I try to digitaly sign:

"Error encountered while signing.

The windows cryptographic service provider reported an error:

An internal consistency check failed

Error code: 2148532225"

Ive tried to solve it in many ways, trying to reinstall programs, but it seems like unresolvable problem.

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akanchha.

Thank you for your reply.

We had some luck following these steps https://helpx.adobe.com/es/reader/kb/error-opening-acrobat-reader-extended-pdfs.html, although not with everyone.

In any case, the documents are signed by people in my organization and people outside... I cannot ask all of them to remove a file or reboot reader... It worked perfectly fine and then I got a new online license and everything went wrong.

Thank you anyway, but if the solution is not to fix my Adobe, I cannot use it.

Kind regards,

Belén

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Belén28560071k6lk @DJ Manzo 

Recent versions of Acrobat Reader no longer need this for saving PDF forms made in Acrobat. 

Please refer to the recent correct answer given here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/this-document-could-not-be-reader-enabled/td-p/13...

If the application doesn't show the update install the latest patch for Acrobat manually from here:

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html 

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Akanchha,
Adobe is updated (23.001.20093.0), and last time I used to prepare a form with signatures, all went well, so fingers crossed this is the end of it, but I want to get this right.
We used Reader extended features because, if we didn't, we had problems when several people had to sign the same document (which was solved using extended features).
Are you telling me this is not longer the case? Several people can use the signature forms without any problem?
Thank you for your support,

Belén

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines