• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Excel to PDF Images are not included

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I save an excel file and convert it into PDF file the images are not being included in the final file

Capture.PNG

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, having same problem.  Photo images dissappearing when saving to PDF using excel add-in "Save to PDF".  However, if we Print to a PDF they are still there?  However, we save multiple excel sheets per report we produce so doing this individually is really slow.   This is now happened on 4 computers in our office so it must be due to the update?  Or did Microsoft due an update in the last day or so?   See photos below.  Top is what it should look like. Test 1.JPGTest 2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there 

We are sorry for the trouble. As described, images are not included when creating PDFs from Excel 

Is this a behavior with a particular file or with all the PDF files that you create? Please try to create a new PDF file from Excel and check.

What is the workflow or steps you are doing to create the PDF from MS Excel?

What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC installed? To check the version of the application please use the link  - https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/identify-product-version.html

A new version of Adobe Acrobat / Reader DC is now available, version 19.21.20058. Make sure you have the latest version. Go to Help > Check for Updates. For more information about the new release please use the link  - https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @Amal , but before anything else I just want to post this here so that everyone else would be aware. Be careful when dealing with people in this community always make sure you are talking to an official representative of Adobe, as these kind of people would normaly offer help to you but either later extort your files from you. I'm not sure if this person really is a representative of Adobe, but the fact that his profile is new and he is using a 3rd party email provider with a different domain that from Adobe is a BIG RED FLAG.Captur2e.PNGfake.PNG

Going back to my concern, I'm using the latest version of Acrobat DC version 19.21.20058

I received the update last week if I remember it right, but prior to that I have no problem or what so ever when making PDF file from EXCEL. my usually process is to highlight/select the sheet/cells I want to convert into PDF which is these case includes the images and then hit the CTRL+S and choose the "save as Adobe PDF" just below the "Save As" option in excel and then from the PDF creation option I choose the following:
1. Conversion Range: Selection
2. Conversion Options: Fit to paper width
that is my normal process that I have been doing from almost a year or two now without any problem.

It should also be noted that I received my monthly update from microsoft yesterday or the other day I think. I dont know if it has to do with that update, though I already tried contacting their support as well and with all the possible solutions they've given me reinstalling Microsoft Office is the most pain staking task I can not afford to do right now.

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

++ Adding to the discussion, did you try and see if you get the same issue if you print to PDF directly from the MS Office application instead instead of the "Save As" method?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried doing that just now and it seems to be working fine. I will be doing your method for the mean time but I dont think I will settle for that specially that I have been doing my method for more than a year now.
1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well this suggestion just helps to narrow down the save as issue.

When saving as from MS Office a few things may not work as expected if the source Excel file had macros, templates or incorporated additional visual basic amd visual c++ addins, for example.

it may be necessary to lower the security of the macros (if any), or even better, use the accessibility checker to discover other underlying issues in the MS Excel file and correct them before saving as PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Thanks for reporting the issue.

We verified using several XLS and XLSX file(s) but were not able to reproduce image disappering issue.

Acrobat version you're using is 19.21.20058 (latest DC)

Can you provide more info regarding the same : 

1. OS on which issue is reproducible (MAC/WIN and verison as well)
  2. MS Office version on which the issue was reproducible
  3. Issue reproducible for all file(s) or for a set of file(s)
  4. Can you share any file, on which the issue is reproducible? 

Regards,

Swapnil Srivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my MS excel version and the current OS version im using
for the file i'll include an external link, I dont know how to attach file in here.
EXCELtoPDF.xlsx 

VirusTotal Scan 
MSCapture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using the current updated Adobe Acrobat 11 version 110.23   I updated it last night again to make sure.    We do use macro-enabled Visual Basic excel files for our reports.    But this time I just created a basic file from Excel, no macros, and inserted 2 pictures.  When I did the "Save to PDF" file (Book 1) only 1 picture shows up.   When I did the "Print" to PDF, both photos show up (Book 2).  The Print Preview shows both photos for both options, but "Save to PDF" still doesn't work properly.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Book 2.JPGBook 1.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is caused by an Excel update to build 1911. I have verified this by taking a machine running Excel build 1910 and upgrading it to 1911. Images worked on 1910, failed on 1911.  Machines that already have 1911 do not work. Excel is Office 365 and Acrobat is the latest DC build.  This is the cause, but i have not found a solution yet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing that.

I was thinking if in this case running the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter for Acrobat Pro XI and testing it for an older version of windows can help.

Also, the Print to PDF method seems to work because it is basically flattening the entire file.

it looks like if some sort of layer, tag, or frames, needs to be deleted or modified before using Save As.

Another suggestion is to Save As pdf. but use the Organize Pages tool and select "Use Document Structure" in Page Properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the same issue. This is incredibly frustrating. Things were fine a few days ago, and now nothing is right. My links within my excel document are also not working when PDF'd. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

The issue is from Microsoft's end with their latest 1911 release. They have acknowledged the issue and we can expect to hear from them soon.

Regards,

Swapnil Srivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the update, it has been almost 3 weeks and there are several boards reporting this issue now.  Has MS provided a fix for this issue yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue was fixed with Office update Version 1912 (Build 12325.20344) onwards on monthly channel, rolled out on 22nd Jan.

Regards,

Subrato

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue was fixed with Office update Version 1912 (Build 12325.20344) onwards on monthly channel, rolled out on 22nd Jan.

Regards,

Subrato

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

A new update for Adobe Acrobat / Reader DC is now available addressing this ongoing issue. Please update the application to the latest version 20.006.20034. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

For more information please use the link: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

click on "File", "Save As", pick a location, put a new name, select "Save as Type" and change it to "PDF", then click on "options" and mark the checkbox "Ignore print areas", click "Ok" and "Save".

There you go. Greetings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2024 Jun 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I FKN LOVE YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines