• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

“Exception processing message 0xc0000139 unexpected parameters” (QuickBooks) [2021]

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Exception processing message 0xc0000139 unexpected parameters"

Kann mir hier jemand helfen ?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 5 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. Could you please try uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe Acrobat DC and try again.

Please remove the application using the Acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html  , reboot the computer once and reinstall the application using the link https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html

Let us know if you experience any trouble and need more help.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

So i figured i would post my fix for this, because i had tried everything in this thread and nothing worked.  This will only work for people that are getting this error message while using Quickbooks desktop.  I believe QB is the problem.  Anyways,

follow this link and get QB tool hub and use the Print and PDF Repair tool.  IT WORKS!!!! 

Quickbooks Print and PDF Repair Tool 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

I can confirm that running the quickbooks print and pdf repair tool worked best to fix this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Dec 29, 2023 Dec 29, 2023

Just in case this might help someone else with this issue.  At least for me, it was in fact Quickbooks.   More importantly I discovered that is was a setting specific to a user profile.   I only discovered this because it would work for me using my login on another users computer that it was not working on.  Once they logged into QuickBooks using their login, it would break again.   OK, Long story endless:   Here is the fix that worked for us.

In QuickBooks, go to:

1. Edit

2. Preferences

3. Reports

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

We just started getting 0xc0000139 two weeks ago on windows 11 fully updated on 23h2 and qb pro 2023 desktop version. Found out that when Quickbooks is open at the login for the company, while then trying to open a pdf press ctrl P we will get the error 0xc0000139. Once we login into Quickbooks company we can open pdfs in adobe acrobat and ctrl p works without any errors. I hope this helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 113 Replies 113
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already tried this fix and it didn't work. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling Quickbooks, to no avail. I thought maybe Adobe wanted me to purchase their product but I tried doing the Adobe Pro free trial and i'm still getting the same error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a fix for anyone else having this issue. First you have to uninstall Adobe, I used Acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html . Then I found this version to install: 

https://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/ . You have to disable automatic updates if not, the program will automatically update itself before you even get started. I used these two methods to disable automatic updates for adobe: 

How to Disable Automatic Update in Adobe Reader DC - wintips.org - Windows Tips & How-tos

Automatic Updates - Adobe Acrobat and Reader

I don't know why this is the only version of Adobe that will work with Quickbooks. 

Hope this can help anyone else in the same mess I'm in. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wait a minute.  were you using acrobat reader when you posted your initial message about  0xc0000139?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Acrobat DC Pro and Creative Cloud. Like I said, the only version of Adobe that will work with Quickbooks without getting the 0xc0000139 error when hitting the CTRL key is the one in this post. All other versions i've tried glitch when ever I use the CTRL key shortcut while QB is open. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so, you've down-graded from a paid acrobat to free reader, correct?

addendum: nvm, i see you were using the acrobat pro trial to test if it would solve the problem you probably noted while running reader.

and i assume, you're happy with what you have now and do not want an acrobat pro subscription even if it worked well with quickbooks, correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did downgrade but it has to be this specific version Adobe Reader. If it automatically updates, as soon as it does, the error is back. Thats why you must disable automatic updates. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it worked well I would go to the paid one since I can update Adobe with no problem but until this issue is resolved I am not paying for anything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

understood.  can you report the problem here, https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar problem with "Adobe Acrobat / Adobe X" x Quickbooks x Word x Excel x Outlook. Force crash on any of these microsoft applications and or error code 0xc0000139 occurs only when any quickbooks instance is open in task manager.

Temporary fix is task manager close ALL quickbooks, its updaters and backup instances. (About 6 instances)

Permanent fix is Adobe > Preferences > Security Enhanced > Disable Protected Mode at Start up > Ensure Protected view is OFF > Restart PC
+ Go into all microsoft application (word, excel, outlook etc) repeat these steps
Options > Add-ins> "Manage Add-ins" GO > Uncheck any instance of adobe add ins >Save 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of our users have encountered an issue with Adobe Acrobat in regards to copying text. When a user logs into a QuickBooks company file, they are unable to copy text. They received the following error: " Windows Entry Point Not Found. Exception Processing Message 0xc0000139 - Unexpected parameter."

When out of the QB file, Acrobat works without issue. Already tried the QuickBooks Tool Hub (print/pdf and fix my program). Have also tried uninstalling Adobe and swapping the pc entirely.

Are there any know shared dependencies that QuickBooks and Adobe Acrobat share?

Adobe QB error.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2024 Jul 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Hope you are doing well

As the application is working fine when out of the QB file, it seems o be an issue with the Quickbooks. Please try to get in touch with the QB support help and see if that works.

There isn't much that we can do.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines