Copied

Kann mir hier jemand helfen ?

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 5 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. Could you please try uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe Acrobat DC and try again.

Please remove the application using the Acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html  , reboot the computer once and reinstall the application using the link https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html

Let us know if you experience any trouble and need more help.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

So i figured i would post my fix for this, because i had tried everything in this thread and nothing worked.  This will only work for people that are getting this error message while using Quickbooks desktop.  I believe QB is the problem.  Anyways,

follow this link and get QB tool hub and use the Print and PDF Repair tool.  IT WORKS!!!! 

Quickbooks Print and PDF Repair Tool 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

I can confirm that running the quickbooks print and pdf repair tool worked best to fix this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Dec 29, 2023 Dec 29, 2023

Just in case this might help someone else with this issue.  At least for me, it was in fact Quickbooks.   More importantly I discovered that is was a setting specific to a user profile.   I only discovered this because it would work for me using my login on another users computer that it was not working on.  Once they logged into QuickBooks using their login, it would break again.   OK, Long story endless:   Here is the fix that worked for us.

In QuickBooks, go to:

1. Edit

2. Preferences

3. Reports

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

We just started getting 0xc0000139 two weeks ago on windows 11 fully updated on 23h2 and qb pro 2023 desktop version. Found out that when Quickbooks is open at the login for the company, while then trying to open a pdf press ctrl P we will get the error 0xc0000139. Once we login into Quickbooks company we can open pdfs in adobe acrobat and ctrl p works without any errors. I hope this helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks

No worries ls_rbls. This issue looks very complex so it can get pretty frustrating for everyone involved.

I recall supporting simpler days with Acrobat Reader 3.0. It was much more light weight and easier to work with.
Modern Acrobat Reader versions hook so far into the OS it's honestly overwhelming. But here we are.

Thanks for the log creation process, I'll put it here for others.

Press the' Start' key and search for 'cmd'. Launch the Command Prompt in admin, i.e. 'Run as Administrator mode.

Run these four commands in a one-by-one manner:
REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps"
REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps" /v DumpFolder /t REG_EXPAND_SZ /d "%LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps"
REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps" /v DumpCount /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000040
REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps" /v DumpType /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000002

Retry the scenario where Acrobat crashes.
Press Win+R and type "%LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps" and press Enter.
You will see the .dmp file generated file recently. Please share that dump with us. Note it will be a large file.
Note: The file will be large, so upload it to the Dcoument Cloud storage, generate the share link and send it to us: https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/home/

Also, please share the Acrobat.dll,AcrobatRes.dll,Acrobat.exe present at the installation location –
For 64-bit - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat
For 32-bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat

My accountant customer will certainly not let me play with her machine. I will get her Application details to try to replicate it myself under VMware Workstation. This will take time.

If others in this thread can please engage Adobe with the above dump process we can all soon enjoy one less thing to worry about

Steve Quinn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand why someone thinks he's getting trolled with this post. It's because we're told fix it this way, reinstall etc. then the problem comes right back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several other posts about this problem. The one that worked for me and my Windows 10 is closing Quickbooks. Much easier than reinstalling. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i figured i would post my fix for this, because i had tried everything in this thread and nothing worked.  This will only work for people that are getting this error message while using Quickbooks desktop.  I believe QB is the problem.  Anyways,

follow this link and get QB tool hub and use the Print and PDF Repair tool.  IT WORKS!!!! 

Quickbooks Print and PDF Repair Tool 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been getting this message for over a year.  I pay for the subscription every month and have done some of the troubleshooting mentioned here but it is still unresolved.  Support is not helping me as they don't answer the question and tell me it is my computer problem.  Why is Adobe the only program I have a problem with on this computer?  I am so tired of the blame game.  It happens whether I have QB running or not.  It happens in every single PDF I open, and then I can't get it closed, so it is not QB.  I just opened an email pdf attachment from one of my vendors that definitely does not use QB just to print it out.  Got the error message and couldn't get out.  I continued to press the X key countless times and kept getting the stupid message.  It finally closed.  Now it is past 4:30 and the vendor I needed to get back to is gone for the day.  Adobe, get this fixed.  I am so frustrated.  I wouldn't recommend Adobe to anybody until this is fixed as it seems I am not the only one and it has gone on for others as long as it has for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that. Have you tried the steps share in the correct answer shared earlier?

Also, try updating the computer OS to the recent version and check for any missing/pending updates, you may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a fix for anyone else having this issue. First you have to uninstall Adobe, I used Acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html . Then I found this version to install: 

https://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/ . You have to disable automatic updates if not, the program will automatically update itself before you even get started. I used these two methods to disable automatic updates for adobe: 

How to Disable Automatic Update in Adobe Reader DC - wintips.org - Windows Tips & How-tos

Automatic Updates - Adobe Acrobat and Reader

I don't know why this is the only version of Adobe that will work with Quickbooks. 

Hope this can help anyone else in the same mess I'm in. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting!

Thank you for sharing this solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this was so helpful.  I kept getting this message when I wasn't even in QB Desktop, but had it open on my desktop in the background.  Once I closed QB desktop, I could password protect another document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issues as everyone else. Did the classic uninstall / install of Acrobat Reader -- still had the error messages. Ran the QB repair tool and Poof! Works perfect now.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this fixed the problem only until the next time I have to restart QB.  How in all of this time is there not a real solution from Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I had this issue for about 6 months after I installed Windows 11. The following is the only thing that has worked for me so far:

I found a fix for anyone else having this issue. First you have to uninstall Adobe, I used Acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html . Then I found this version to install: 

https://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/ . You have to disable automatic updates if not, the program will automatically update itself before you even get started. I used these two methods to disable automatic updates for adobe: 

How to Disable Automatic Update in Adobe Reader DC - wintips.org - Windows Tips & How-tos

Automatic Updates - Adobe Acrobat and Reader

I don't know why this is the only version of Adobe that will work with Quickbooks. 

You have to make sure that you DO NOT have automatic updates set up because once Adobe updates to the newer versions, you can't use QB and Adobe at the same time.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CoolTooler007

Thanks for your contribution to this thread.  Can you please tell us all the Adobe version you find is working

A screen shot from Help, About Adobe Acrobat Reader would be really helpful

Take care

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot_20221216_113040.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks CoolTooler007.  You rock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CoolTooler007.  I just checked mine which I'm sure my problematic customer is also running

Interestingly it's 64 Bit while your's may not be

stevepaulquinn_0-1671236123862.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot_20221220_043948.png

 This is the install on my computer. I think whatever happens thats causing this issue has something to do with the updates. Once I removed automatic updates all around, my Adobe hasn't had any issues. But you have to disable automatic updates even on the back end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CoolTooler007

I'm a little confused

Your original "About Acrobat Reader DC" is 2022.002.20191
You are now pointing us to the recent installer 2022.003.20282

I suspect you have installed 2022.002.20191 32 Bit

Below for example is a screenshot of the current downloader revealing both a 32 Bit and 64 Bit variant

stevepaulquinn_0-1671573313549.png

Please confirm again what version number and architecture 32 Bit or 64 Bit version you considering to be stable on your system

Thanks

Take care

Steve Quinn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you choose the Windows 11 operating system, it doesn't give you the option of choosing 64 or 32 Bit from the Version drop down menu. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does for me 🙂

stevepaulquinn_0-1671575021872.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's strange...I wonder mine doesn't give me both options. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you perhaps checking from a 32 bit Windows machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot_20221221_042941.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice machine.  So weird.

Either way the version of Acrobat Reader you are NOT having issues with is 2022.002.20191

and

I think you are running the 32 Bit version, not 64 Bit.

I hope you agree and this helps others

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes, obfuscating the user agent in your web browser will do the trick.

Or you may also try with a different web browser.

Ensure that the download link is legitimate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines