Exit

Extract Selected Pages - Automation

Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, 

here's what I'm trying to do:

I have a 400 pages PDF from which I want to extract approximately 100 pages containing a specific word in it and I want to delete all of the others.

Is there a way to do that automatically without manually selecting all of the pages I want to get rid of?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this can be done using a script. There are various approaches to do it. For such a large file I would not recommend trying to search it using the script, as it's very likely to halt mid-process. I would use the built-in Advanced Search command to locate the instances where this word appears and then use that information to export those pages. Another option is to use the built-in Search & Remove Text command to achieve something similar, as it highlights all matches for redaction, which can then be used to identify the pages they're on (without actually redacting them, of course).

I've actually developed the former script as a paid-for tool, if you're interested. You can find it here:

https://www.try67.com/tool/acrobat-print-or-extract-pages-from-csv-search-results

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@try67 , thank you very much for your support.

I've used the Advanced Search method and located the istances, but it's still not clear how to get a list of the pages in which the word appears to be in. In the whole document there are 380 istances and I'm assuming they can be found in approximately 90-100 pages.

How can I get a list of these pages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can export the results as a CSV file, and then process that file to get a list of the page numbers with matches. Notice that there can be duplicates in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! This actually worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines