• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File cannot be opened, although correct password.

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, 

I can password protected file
open with my mobile computer (Mac with Intel CPU).
but with the second pc (Mac with M1 CPU) I always get the message; that password is wrong. This file can be opened on this computer by entering a password with a preview.

What could it be?

thank you

A. Korkmaz

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Security digital signatures and esignatures , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Hi, I have the same problem, it's very repeatable.

The work-around is to disable "Enable native OS mode for optimal performance" in settings. Doing this immediately allows password-protected PDFs to be opened.

I think it needs adding to the "known limitations" here Apple Silicon M1 processor support | Acrobat DC and Acrobat Reader DC (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble.

Woulld you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using on Mac M1? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 21.11.20039 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem, it's very repeatable.

The work-around is to disable "Enable native OS mode for optimal performance" in settings. Doing this immediately allows password-protected PDFs to be opened.

I think it needs adding to the "known limitations" here Apple Silicon M1 processor support | Acrobat DC and Acrobat Reader DC (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, it works so. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this workaround works for me as well. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

I am running into the same problem.

Screenshot 2023-08-23 at 16.24.43.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines