• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Fill and Sign' not working

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been happening for the past month.

Click on "Sign" in 'Fill and Sign'

Blank box loads and nothing else. No way to enter my signature, load signature, etc. Stays blank forever (i.e. not just loading slowly)

Using Windows 10 fully updated, brand new Lenovo Thinkpad X1Carbon. Have already uninstalled / repaired Adobe Acrobat without effect. Have restarted PC, etc etc.

Have several forms that need to be turned over quickly with my signature. Adobe - please fix.

2019-04-01 22_07_52-.jpg

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

I was able to find the issue.  Go to Menu and click "disable new Acrobat" it returned to the original version and works for me now.  It is something with the new version causing the issue, at least for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Syeda,

Sorry to hear about the trouble.

Using Windows 10 fully updated, brand new Lenovo Thinkpad X1Carbon. Have already uninstalled / repaired Adobe Acrobat without effect. Have restarted PC, etc

Looking at the description given above, it seems that you have already got the updated version of Acrobat and uninstalled and reinstalled it. You may try the further steps given below and let us know the result-

• Reboot your computer first.
  • I see that you haven't signed in in the application. Though it shouldn't effect but try Signing In the application following the "Sign In" option given at the upper right corner of the Adobe Reader.
  • Check with a different pdf and try signing it.
  • Though you have got the application reinstalled, but do check whether you have got the latest patch 20019.010.20098 installed or not. DC Release Notes — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products
  • Disable "Protected View" and "Enhanced Security" under Adobe Reader>Edit>Preferences>Security(Enhanced)>Reboot Acrobat Reader and reopen it.

Note: Changing the above security settings could pose security risks. We suggest you to turn it back On once you are done with testing.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunatelly non of those suggestions work.

I have the same problem. And on top of that Singinig in always results in a message "An error occured".

Everything worked fine in August last year, and now suddenly I get the same blank square showin up. And sometimes DC crushes when the Fill&Sign button is pressed.

Screenshot 2021-02-15 184914.pngScreenshot 2021-02-15 184904.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We have released an update for Acrobat and Reader DC(version 21.001.20138) that addresses multiple issue.

Please update the application to the latest version and see if that helps. In the application, go to Help > Check for updates.

For more information about the latest version, please refer to this link: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousfeb2021qfe....  

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No improvement after installing the update, both issues persist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah this is ridiculous. It NEVER worked for me. How can Adobe have an application on the professional level that doesn't work ever. Signatures never worked for the years I had tried to use this. I had reinstalled it as well. It is up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must admit it works for me now, both when signed in or signed out. The only thing I changed was the location / network I was in. I was offshore before, in unsusual conditions, but I had internet with good speed. Now, beeing in some hotel with much slower internet, it all works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

I was having the same problem, but have just realised that the Font colour was set to white!!!!!!

It looks like you are typing nothing, but it was just white on white.  Can that be the issue some of you are having?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for sharing your findings, as this would help to other users who are experiencing issue with filling a form.

This is the scenario when filling forms doesn't show the character. In this case the font color is selected as white, because of that it doesn't show the text on white background. 

Regards,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2023 Sep 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how did you change the color on the font 😞 i cant figure it out 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to find the issue.  Go to Menu and click "disable new Acrobat" it returned to the original version and works for me now.  It is something with the new version causing the issue, at least for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2024 Jul 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issue but disabling the new acrobat did not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2024 Jul 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Same! I have uninstalled acrobat multiple times, even disabled the new acrobat and nothing is fixing the issue. 

Whenever i go to Fill & Sign, my adobe just freezes and will then crash. Please help, thankyou! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2024 Jul 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue on my work computer. It's working on my laptop.  Even IT is struggling. They tried to call Adobe yesterday and they were 100% useless. It's a shame because when the program works it's great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lisa25237293pqxf and peter38646321jlyz,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this.

As the application crashes when using the Fill & Sign tool, try the troubleshooting steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-crashes-on-windows-os.html

If the issue still occurs, please share the following details for further investigation:

- Does the crash occur with a specific file or any file you use?

- Share the Acrobat or Reader version currently in use.

- Share the OS version on the machine.

- Share the crash logs using the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html.

Let us know if you need any help.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried all the fixes and when clicking Fill & Sign there is no activity. My app does not crash but nothing happens and I cannot fill or sign any documents. Running Windows 11 and Acrobat Pro 2024.002.20895

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. When I click Fill & Sign in both the new and old versions, Adobe freezes and crashes. I've sent numerous crash reports within the last three days. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello MeenakshiNegi,

I have tried all the troubleshooting steps suggested above and nothing fixed the issue.

-The crash will occur on any file. I just have to click 'Fill & Sign' then the application will freeze and crash. Any other tool i use will work perfectly. 

-The acrobat verson currently in use is: Adobe Acrobat Pro (64-bit) (2024.002.20933)

-OS verson is a Windows 11 Pro, 64-bit operating system, OS build 22621.819

Do you have any other troubleshooting options for us?? Thankyou!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, i have fixed the issue (for me anyway)...i just signed out of my adobe account and logged back in again. 😂

Hopefully this isnt just a bandaid solution, and actually fixes the issue! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2024 Jul 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are BRILLIANT! Thank you so much. You fixed the issue I've been having all week. I was so frustrated because I use this feature a lot.  My IT person was going crazy with it too and he laughed when I told him I fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2024 Jul 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me too! Thank you so much! I have uninstalled and reinstalled like three times and it was not doing anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines