• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fill & Sign Annotations

Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to Acrobat Pro DC version 2019.008.20071 today, and my users immediately complained that the annotations in the fill & sign tool are no longer available.  We use the check mark on forms where there is not a checkbox and for dual control.  Where did the annotations go?  How can we continue to use this functionality?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Hi;

Using Fill & Sign in Acrobat, if there are "any" fill-able fields in the PDF the tools except "Signature/Initial" are disabled as the form is expected to be fillable.  If you upload the same to Fill & Sign in the Document Cloud https://www.cloud.acrobat.com/fillsign you will be able to use the annotation tools in the same forms.

Thanks,

Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Erics,

Thanks for reporting the issue. However, with the latest version Annotations tools are displayed in the toolbar - Crossmark, Checkmark, Circle, Line, and Dot.

You can use these annotation tools to fill in check boxes and radio buttons, and use the Circle to circle text or the line to strike out text.

It would be more helpful for us to understand the issue, if you would share the screenshot of the Fill & Sign tool where Annotations are missing.

https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akanchha,

With some further testing I have discovered the discrepancy.  When i create a fillable form the "fill & sign" tool only contains the "sign" tool in the toolbar.  If I open a standard pdf that I have not used adobe to make into a fillable form, then the annotations tools appear as normal.  The issue is 99% of our pdfs are created as fillable forms, but we still need to use these annotations.  Please see the screenshots below.

screenshot.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi;

Using Fill & Sign in Acrobat, if there are "any" fill-able fields in the PDF the tools except "Signature/Initial" are disabled as the form is expected to be fillable.  If you upload the same to Fill & Sign in the Document Cloud https://www.cloud.acrobat.com/fillsign you will be able to use the annotation tools in the same forms.

Thanks,

Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is new behavior with the update.  Why would you disable the way it worked before?  We use this functionality to check forms that have been filled out, but cannot be flattened yet.  How can we get the old functionality restored?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not new behavior - Fill & Sign in Acrobat DC has always disabled all tools except for the Signature tool for "Acroforms", forms with fill-able fields.  I'm not sure how you could have seen different, this is how it has always worked.

Thanks,

Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi 3 years later , 

and annotations are still missing. They dissapeared randomly, can not select them from the show/hide selection, and I AM REFERRING TO FILLABLE FIELDS . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing has changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and the explanation from the Adobe experts is obtuse as normal. I start with a fillable pdf file, edit to add signature fields and save. Then open the same file to Fill & Sign and the annotation tools have disappeared. How do I get the annotation tools to appear? I do not care whether this is new feature or "nothing has change". I just want a form that can be used with Fill & Sign that shows the annotation tools. Is it possible to get a clear explanation or do the holier than thou Adobe experts ony know one mode of pretentious and obscure response?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree and I have not received a satifactory answer from Adobe tech. Frustrating to say the least, especially when their own tutorials say that the annotations should be on the Fill and Sign toolbar: Fill and sign PDF forms using Adobe Acrobat Fill & Sign tool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Annotations have been disappeared. I need to get them back. Please give us proper explanations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does you see when you use Tools > Prepare Form?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was frustrated too, there still stored the initial signature which I created in my last Acrobat version, once updated, the annotation disappeared and I can't add any more signature there...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

annotations missing.jpg

Annotation part missing on Adobe acrobat pro on FILL AND SIGN TOOL. So much annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

May be that the file has fillable form fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines