Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fillable Form Fields Disappearing and Un-Tagging Themselves

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey There,

I seem to be in a ADA Compliance project where I am running into many issues.  The latest one is that my fillable form fields are disappearing on me from the Reading Order tab - they are still showing in the tag tree.  They are not set to read only or anything like that.  I am not sure what is causing this to happen as it has happened multiple times.  I have re-done this form multiple times to try to fix it but the problem continues.

What can I even look into to troubleshoot this?

- I created the form fields manually.

- I went through the find -> untagged annotations to tag each and every form field as a form field.

- I saved the document after they were tagged.

- I moved them in the read order panel to the correct placement.

- I saved after every movement in case somethign happened and I had to close the document and re-open.

POOF.  All form fields disappear from the reading order tab and are coming up as untagged in the accessibility check.

I am frustrated beyond belief with this since I am experiencing one problem after another with this particular project.  

Also - it looks like the click to sign form field option has disappeared as well as being able to set the format for dates.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kristina,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, fillable form fields disappearing and un-tagging themselves, also click to sign form field option has disappeared as well as being able to set the format for dates.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version 21.05.20048 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Is this a behavior with this specific PDF form or with all the PDF forms you try to fill? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

Are you on Windows or Mac machine and what is the version of the OS? Please check for any missing/pending updates and try updating the OS and reboot the computer once and see if that helps.

Please try to reset the Acrobat Preferences to default as described in the help page https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines