• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting error 403 when trying to open adobe on Macbook Air

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to open an attachment from email or try to open a pdf file, I get a window popping up that say error 403. I am not able to open any files or close the page. I have to force quit in order to get rid of the screen. I have deleted adobe and reinstalled and get the same message. 

error message receivederror message received

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , How to , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error 403 is associated to forbidden access to a resource.

There are too many things involved here that could be the problem:

1. Ask the sender of the email to check if the link is a complete directory path to the file, and that it is not missing entries.
  2. Ask the sender of the email to check the correct spelling of the link
  3. If the email contains a link that was copied from a shared drive with priviledge access you won't have access to that network share. It is a lot easier if the user clicked on Shar inside the Acrobat application and copy a link for you to access directly in the Document Cloud
  4. Additional configurations that you may want to check but are not related to this error, is to make Adobe Acrobat or Reader your default PDF viewer/handler in your computer. Your screenshot shows your web broweser trying to openthis PDF,  or should I say Viewer?  (isn't Viewer the default file viewing app in macOS devices). Check that your mac is not invoking a default  web browser when you try to open a PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue - 403 Forbidden error code when I try to click on a shared PDF that I created... why would I be forbidden on a document that is mine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you follow th suggestions of Amal and you still get the error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try the clean. I also uninstalled and reinstalled. I have zero access to any PDF that I send out for review/comments. It is making my job incredibly hard to do. I am a designer and use PDF for editing a newsletter – all very time sensitive. I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Deb Jp;;amd

Deb Holland | Graphic Designer
EASA
1331 Baur Blvd. | St. Louis, MO 63132 USA
www.easa.com| + 1 314 993 2220, Ext. 3340[cidimage001.png@01D61E1A.16EC5BA0][cidimage002.png@01D61E1A.16EC5BA0][cidimage003.png@01D61E1A.16EC5BA0]

[https://easa.com/Portals/0/Images/EASA_email_footer/convention_promo_footer.png]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only thing I can think of at this time is to create a new shared folder with no read-only restrictions to all the files and sub-folders that you will save in that directory.

I am thinking that if you upload the original PDFs to that new unrestricted shared folder, you may be able to see where the problem is... but this is just an idea.

Sometimes, shared folders permissions may revert back to  default settings during system updates.

I've seen this recently and very uncommon with new updates to MS Windows 10, not sure if this would be your case though.

I am not sure if the same happens under macOS systems.

That said, and going back to web browsers that provide PDF viewing capabilities, it is also possible that the modern family of web browsers are becoming more secured with new updates, therefore providing more restrictive execution privileges of JavaScript code via sandboxing policies.

If this would be the reason that triggers a 403 error, we should assume that a feature that used to work before is now blocked or deprecated, or even going through an experimental beta stage.

You may have to identify which feature is blocked and  manually re-enable it using the hidden configuration manager of the current web browser that you're using and test if you can open these shared PDFs.

In addition, you may also test with additional supported web browsers other than Google Chrome and see if you get the same 403 error.

You may be able to  test by reverting back (roll-back) to an older version of the web browser too.

Last, see if changing the  DNS settings from "Automatic" to manual does any difference when you assigned a different DNS from a different service provider, like Google's public DNS.

See this guidance for example:

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns

One last thought, you may also try to access that same link to your shared folder using a mobile device and see if you get the same access error.

If you don't get the error and are able to access your PDFs  from another computet or the mobile device, then we can narrow down the problem to the current user account in the computer that you're using.

To troubleshoot with an alternate  method, you can create a new user account with administrative privileges in that same computer, and then check if you can access your shared files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Terri.nixon

We are sorry for the trouble and the delay in response. 

++ Adding to the discussion 

You may please try the following steps and see if that helps:

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines