Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GOD please save me from this XML parsing error

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all.

I've received a pdf file and it keeps saying "XML parsing error: duplicate attribute (error code 8)"

and isn't showing the proper contents of the document.

I have updated both Acrobat Reader & Acrobat Pro DC, installed the recent version of Java script, and tried to open the file from other PCs or even mobile, but none of them helped.

A guy from tech team told me the file itself seemed broken, but my counterparty(who gave me this file) checked that she can open it from her PC just before.

Those attached screenshots show what is appearing when I open the file.

It would be greatly appreciated if anyone can tell me anything I can do.

Thank you for reading this. Gratitude from Seoul.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Mr. Test Screen Name.

I think I found an answer for this problem(the link below).

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/pdf-won-t-display-please-wait/td-p/4788543

It seems the format of the file, dynamic XFA pdf, was the reason for all of these, and I could open the file properly by downloading the same file with "save as".

I was one step away from going nuts when I posted this...your quick comment helped.

Thank you very much for you kindness.

Have a great week ahead!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's check your versions, sometimes it seems to be the latest but it isn't. And what do you mean by "installed the latest JavaScript", that isn't even a thing?  Please tell us the exact versions of both Acrobat and Reader (something like 2016.123.23434 for each one)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your comment!

I've checked the version of them and it was 21.001.20145 for both of them(I found it from the Windows control panel).

About the JavaScript, I was told to check if I have the latest version of JavaScript since the form uses it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr. Test Screen Name.

I think I found an answer for this problem(the link below).

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/pdf-won-t-display-please-wait/td-p/4788543

It seems the format of the file, dynamic XFA pdf, was the reason for all of these, and I could open the file properly by downloading the same file with "save as".

I was one step away from going nuts when I posted this...your quick comment helped.

Thank you very much for you kindness.

Have a great week ahead!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those who's having the same problem,

It was not "save as". 

Right click -> Adobe Acrobat -> Convert the link to the Adobe PDF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to open a PDF file that I downloaded from my gmail. I was trying the method suggested and I don't see adobe acrobat ---> convert the link to the Adobe PDF when I right clicked the PDF file. Could you please provide me some guidance as I am going insane on this and I urgently need to open this form. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try sublime reader it'sbest if you are familiar with programming, coding ect if not tryNotepad++ or textpad++ it will detect issues and fix 9 out of 10 times First thing to try is uninstall xml reader reinstall . Usually works if others can open only u cant it's probably xml program app needs to be reinstalled because it didn't install properly at download . Many reasons for this . Could be simply punctuation or grammar errors. A common XML parsing error is a missing or extra angle bracket or a document node aka missing root element . .or because it's a encoded file originally most likely it's because of . problematic characters, escaping entire blocks of text, or putting an encoding declaration at the start of the feed so or it's somehow gotten Malware attached to it hope I helped you .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines