• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Has anyone found a way to Export a pdf to Visio?

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A colleague sends us Visio documents in pdf format. Although we can add text via the Acrobat edit tool, we would prefer to be able to edit the underlying document.

Since there is no "export to Visio" function available, I wonder if anyone else has faced this requirement and found a solution.

Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017
  1. Convert the PDF file to WMF or EMF (see which format produces the best results for your file) using pdf2picture.   WMF and EMF files are the native vector graphic formats for Microsoft applications. ...
  2. Open the WMF file in Visio. ...
  3. Adjust your drawing. ...
  4. Save as Visio Drawing.

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Convert the PDF file to WMF or EMF (see which format produces the best results for your file) using pdf2picture.   WMF and EMF files are the native vector graphic formats for Microsoft applications. ...
  2. Open the WMF file in Visio. ...
  3. Adjust your drawing. ...
  4. Save as Visio Drawing.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a ton Nacy! this totally worked. At first the import WMF just looked like a pictured till I realized the items on the page were grouped. I just have to do a "ungroup" to make my changes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This really worked Nancy, thanks for the info. I can't even describe how grateful I'm to be amongst this community. thanks Guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to pdf2picture, Visual Integrity now also has a Visio add-in (Insert PDF in Visio) which opens a PDF directly without having to go through WMF or EMF. You can open it grouped or ungrouped and apply some other options as well when opening the PDF in Visio. There are a lot of articles that will say it's not possible to open and edit PDF in Visio - but you easily can with the add-in! 

See Steps for Using PDF in Visio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines