• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Have to reduce file size twice for the reduction to work in Acrobat DC

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Version 2022.001.20085 and whenever I try to reduce a file's size, the file reduces by a couple of bytes or tells me that I've reached the maximum reduction. However, if I try to reduce the size again, it reduces, no problem.

How can I fix it so I don't have to do the operation twice?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Donna

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Please try to repair the installation for the help menu (Win Only) and reboot the computer once and see if that works for you.

Also, try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Win or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Amal but that did not work. I don't have access to full admin rights.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

If it's a work machine managed by IT, please try to get in touch with the IT admin to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Win or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Donna

Could you share a testfile with us to investigate this issue? Also share the OS details (Win or Mac and version). You could send the file directly at asrivastATadobeDOTcom.

Also, could you also let us know if you started seeing this issue in the latest update only?

thanks,

-amboo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amboo,

It is all files I try. I just tried it on another computer and the same thing happened.

I am using Windows 10 Pro, version 21H1, OS build 19043.1645.

I still had this issue before the current update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Donna

Could you share a video with us demonstrating the issue? 

Thanks,

-amboo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there!

I am also having this same issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines