Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

HELP!! Completely confused on how to fix formatting issues and spacing issues on Adobe Acrobat.

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble since I opened up a pdf on adobe acrobat. I edited this file through word and when I try to edit it again through adobe acrobat I am having tons of issues with spacing and fonts. Is there a way to get even spacing easily and make everything look more consistent? This is a corporate doc so it needs to look pristine and I am not exactly sure how to do that. 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs, General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat is not the tool for making corporate docs. Editing should be kept to fixing typos. Use Word or InDesign: anything at all but not Acrobat. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should always go back to the authoring document for changes...especially since you HAVE it. Acrobat is not the tool for that and should only be used for touchups.

In any case, in order to edit text, you have to have the exact same font available on your system, otherwise it will substitute something else. Your screen shot shows that happening.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Confirming what @Test Screen Name and @roaringmousegraphics said:

Editorial changes should be made in the original source document (ie, .docx or .indd) in their native program (ie, Word or InDesign).

Acrobat was never intended to edit the text and graphics in a PDF. In fact, it originally was designed specifically to prevent you from making changes to the PDF!

It has lousy editing tools, plus the problem with fonts crops up, such as in your screen shot. You're seeing wierd spacing  because the PDF's fonts are missing on your computer workstation and Acrobat is substituting another font. 

Bevi Chagnon | Designer & Technologist for Accessible InDesign + PDFs |
Books & Classes | PubCom

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines