• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I open PDF files in separate window??? My PDF files are openning in the same window

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2015 Mar 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How Can I open multiple Pdf files in separate windows?

they are all opening in the same window.

And I cant find where I can email Adobe support...Really??? no contact support???? that sucks.

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 22, 2015 Oct 22, 2015

bild1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Hi All,  

We appreciate your valuable feedback! We're always looking for ways to improve Acrobat, and we appreciate the time and effort you have taken to share your feedback.  

  

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change; however, we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you will be able to be more productive & get more out of Acrobat.

We are actively working on all the currently unavailable features, such as 'open cross-document links in the same windo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post a screenshot of the Acrobat window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lydia28506995xix1_0-1680193387092.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not the Acrobat window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After searching for a while, i found it: 

1) Click the 3 lines on the top left corner of Acrobat Reader

2) Click "Disable new Acrobat Reader"

3) Restart Acrobat Reader

4) Go to Edit > Preferences

5) Now you are able to uncheck "Open documents as new tabs in the same Window" in the General tab

6) Restart Acrobat Reader

Voilà !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work for me. I had to go back in, to change it back to the new version of adobe, and it reverted right back tothe origivnal state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me! Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Romaing27333698 - It works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thank you!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have been a GOD-SENT!!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked, thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help me, I have the same problem. This option no longer exists in my latest updated Adobe Pro. I need the PDF's to open in separate windows. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The preferences in my version doesn't have that button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Continue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2023 Aug 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is no longer possible in version 23, as far as I can tell. After every new file is opened you have to drag the tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2023 Aug 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to bring the option back to open documents in a new window, you need to go back to the old version: (Unless someone knows where the option got moved to) For Version "23":

• Windows: Click the hamburger menu (   ) at the upper left corner and choose Disable new Acrobat.
  • macOS: Go to View > Disable new Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,  

We appreciate your valuable feedback! We're always looking for ways to improve Acrobat, and we appreciate the time and effort you have taken to share your feedback.  

  

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change; however, we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you will be able to be more productive & get more out of Acrobat.

We are actively working on all the currently unavailable features, such as 'open cross-document links in the same window' and customizing these preferences. We will address them with the highest priority.

As you get more comfortable with the new interface, please contact us with specific questions on tools, features, or functionalities. We're happy to provide helpful resources and answers to your questions.

If your critical workflows are impacted, you can switch to the old UI from the "Menu" on the top left corner of  Windows OS and View Menu on MacOS. We will follow up with a detailed community-featured post, guiding you to familiarise yourself with the new interface and regular updates on upcoming changes.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue!

Basically you have to Disable New Acrobat. Select the 4 bars at the top left next to the home button. Scroll down until you see Disable New Acrobat. It will ask you if you want to restart. Say yes. 

Steve28502749sqj7_1-1694644366829.png

After that open Adobe again, go to Preferences, then General and uncheck the box that says "Open documents as new tabs, etc. Problem solved!

Steve28502749sqj7_0-1694644303731.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does not work at the new Acrobat Pro for MacOS, there is no "Disable New Acrobat" in any menu, and I even don't have the 4 bars ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2024 Jan 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now found it, it is part of the main menu "View", see screenshot.

Bildschirmfoto 2024-01-20 um 10.29.46.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not work for the newest version.

Katherine33145422dbst_0-1698183993697.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open PDF in New Window Instead of Tab 2024
https://youtu.be/wQPkieFCPqM

In this step-by-step tutorial, Learn How To Open PDF in New Window Instead of Tab 2024 | ​How to Open Files in Separate Windows This video is for teaching and helping purposes, My goal is to help you save time so you can spend it on the activities that matter. If you like the video, then please ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to View>Disable new acrobat>then the option reappears in Preferences>General.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(some people try and make money by providing this simple instruction in a "YouTube" Video.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not work at Acrobat Pro for MacOS, there is no "Disable new acrobat" in my menu ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2024 Jan 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now found it, it is part of the main menu "View", see screenshot.

Bildschirmfoto 2024-01-20 um 10.29.46.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines