• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I add text inside a box?

New Here ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to draw a box and put text inside the box that people can read.

When I draw a box using the comment tool, it covers up the text I've written.

When I use the comment text function to write text, it won't place the text where I click, and the text gets smaller and smaller as I add more text to it.

How do I create a text box that will let me place the text ON TOP of the box, and let me place it exactly where I need it to go?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

I think you might be making the mistake of designing the form (the copy of the form) in Acrobat, when it maybe should be designed in Word or similar. The comment tool is not great for the end user; it should be a fill in form.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you created 'rectangle' using comment tool, you can right click  on rectangle and go to its properties, there you can set fill color to 'No color' so it doesn't cover up text.

You can also use 'Text box' which is also comment tool to draw a box in which you write text:

tempsnip.png

You can also use 'Prepare form' tool to add 'Text field'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nesa,

These solutions are unhelpful.

Again, I need to have a colored box with text inside the box.

I work for local government and need to precisely recreate a form and do not have approval to make changes to its design.

The box must look exactly like this:

Enoch3005590045d4_0-1685642631605.png

Removing the inside color is not an option.

The text must be inside the box, not next to it, or any other place.

Using the comment "Draw Shapes" tool covers up any text placed inside it, except for text made using the comment tool. However, using the comment tool removes my ability to place the text exactly inside the box, so this is not a solution.

I have tried making a form field, but only users are able to add visible text to the box. The box should not be editable by the user in any way.

I just want to draw a box with text inside it. I don't understand why Acrobat makes this so difficult. I would use any other program to make this PDF, but unfortunately, I also do not have approval to install programs on my work laptop, or to perform work on my personal computer, so I have to use Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is an example using text box and line tool:

Izrezak.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you might be making the mistake of designing the form (the copy of the form) in Acrobat, when it maybe should be designed in Word or similar. The comment tool is not great for the end user; it should be a fill in form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2024 Jul 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was on a same dilemma. I gave up. I resolved using  the older version (adobe 11). you can put text on top of a color-filled rectangle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2024 Aug 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same dilemma.  If I need an older version to get something done, then whoever is responsible for removing this option should stop designing software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2024 Aug 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Adobe really doesn't listen to users needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2024 Aug 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @aldora_2024,

Hope you are doing well. Thanks for writing in!

I tried two different workflows:

First, created a box using the draw tool and then went on to Fill & Sign mode and added a text. It appeared over the box and the text was visible.

Second, I created a box (again using the draw tool), then went to commenting and selected Add Text-> added the text and resized as per my requirements and it was visible too.

If this is what you are following and still experience issues, please let me know. 

Also, if you are following a different workflow, a screen recording of the event would be great!

-Souvik

Community & Social Consultant | Document Cloud | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2024 Sep 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is not working for me. I am drawing a rectangle to cover up old information and with the old adobe, I used to be able to write on top of the filled and rectangles but now I cannot how can I fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2024 Sep 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone figured out how to do this?  I'm having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @matthew_2244,

As I and our experts mentioned above, we were not able to reproduce the issue, would you mind sharing a screen recording video of the entire event for a better understanding and assistance?

-Souvik

Community & Social Consultant | Document Cloud | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. It won’t let me upload a video, but here are some screenshots of what is occurring. When you try to put text over an object, such as a gray box in this case, the text won’t appear on top of it. Even when you select properties and select bring the text box to front, it still won’t appear over the box. The photo of it showing on top of the gray box is only there until you let go at the mouse and then it disappears and appears to go under the gray box.

[Image.jpeg][Image.jpeg][Image.jpeg][Image.jpeg][Image.jpeg][Image.jpeg]

This email has been scanned by the Symantec Email Security.cloud service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post the screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines