• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I delete all existing digital signatures in Adobe Acrobat?

Participant ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a work computer that's been used by other people. I often work short duration jobs on work computers. I'm signed into Creative Cloud using my personal account. When I opened a .PDF in Acrobat and attempted to use the "Sign yourself" option, I saw that digital signatures of previous users also showed up.

When the job is over, how do I delete my signatures from Acrobat so that future users of this work computer don't have access to it?

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 21, 2024 Mar 21, 2024

I was having the same issue not being able to remove the stored signature. The only option showing was an X and that wasn't responsive when pressed. To resolve the issue and edit the signature I opened the web based Adobe Acrobat Pro instead of the desktop app and I was able to edit/remove the signature there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kazu

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you want to delete the signatures in the Fill and Sign  > Sign Yourself tool after using it.

Please try the steps below and see if that works for you.

1. Open the PDF

2. Go to Fill and Sign > Sign Yourself

3. Next to the signature click on the minus sign (-) to remove the clear the signature

Additional Information:

You can clear/remove a Digital Signature if you are the signer, that is if the digital ID with which you did the signing is available to Acrobat.

If you have forgotten the digital ID password you can detach it. Please navigate to Edit -> Preferences (Win), or Acrobat -> Preferences (Mac), then select Signatures -> Identities & Trusted Certificates -> More, Click on Digital ID Files, select the one you want to Remove and click Remove ID. After that, you can delete the .pfx file.

Note: You can only remove your Digital IDs. There is no such option to remove Digital IDs of other users from a PDF using Acrobat/Reader.

To know more about Digital IDs, you can refer to help article Digital IDs in Acrobat

Hope this information will help.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is my signature stored in Acrobat so that, after this job is over for me
and someone else uses this work computer, will they have access to my
signature? When I clicked Fill and Sign, signatures from previous users
popped up.

[P.I Removed By Moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I am sorry for the delay in response.

Once you are done signing the PDF , Please follow the steps below ato remove  your signature from the application

1. Open the PDF

2. Go to Fill and Sign > Sign Yourself

3. Next to the signature click on the minus sign (-) to remove the clear the signature

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Amal,

I clicked on the (-) sign next to signature, but it does not do anything.  I am trying to delete the existing signature.

Shannon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Sorry for the delay in response. Are you trying to delete the signature from the signed document?

If you’re the only one signer, you can remove the signature and then work on the document or edit the source document.

To remove your signature, right-click the signature and then choose Clear Signature.

For more information please check the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/edit-signed-PDF.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to delete signatures that were saved in Acrobat on a shared work computer. Someone else used this computer before me. When I started using it, though I'm logged into Creative Cloud as myself, his signatures were available to me in Acrobat - which is troubling. I want to make sure that my signatures are not available to the next user when I stop using this computer and someone else starts using it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

No.  I am trying to delete my signature saved in Sign & Fill.Fill and Sign.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shannon

Sorry for the delay in response. Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences to default as described in the help page  https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792... and reboot the computer once and then try to remove the signature by clicking on the minus (-) sign in the fill and sign tool and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Amal,

I face the same problem with shannon,and I reset the plist, still not working, please suggest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Please remove the application using the Acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html  , reboot the computer once and reinstall the application using the direct link
https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html and see if that works

Regards
Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2024 Mar 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having the same issue not being able to remove the stored signature. The only option showing was an X and that wasn't responsive when pressed. To resolve the issue and edit the signature I opened the web based Adobe Acrobat Pro instead of the desktop app and I was able to edit/remove the signature there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines