• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get the Adobe save dialog back?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know most posts here are asking how to use the File Explorer Save As dialog instead of Adobe's.

But I have coworkers who would rather have Adobe's Save As dialog.

Instead of seeing this - 

CurrentDialog.png

They would prefer to see this - 

DesiredDialog.png

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Version 2022.002.20212

I have tried the following:

• Checking/unchecking Show online storage when opening/saving files in Edit > Preferences > General
  • Repair Installation
  • Deleting all Adobe folders from AppData
  • Uninstall/reinstall Adobe

Is there some application, system, or regedit change I can make to bring back the Adobe save dialog?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Thank you again, ls_rbls, for all of your advice.

We are managed by our organization.

Internet Explorer is completely removed from our systems.

We are allowed to adjust privacy settings to allow/deny app access to the file system.

I finally got it to work. I don't know why this change did it, but I'll explain the process after I show you this little prologue.

First, as you can see, I don't have any online storage options displayed in my Home tab - 

Jorel_0-1665596395333.png

If I do a search for anything here, it says I need

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They must enable manually "Show online storage when saving files" in  "Preferences" --->>> "General" in order to get the desired dialogue window as shown in your second screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning, and thank you for responding. That was the first thing we tried, but without success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is happening in a work environment, and assuming that those computers are not administered by your organization, then each user must allow the operating system to give permission to Adobe Acrobat to access the file system.

For example, Adobe Acrobat still uses Internet Explorer 11 integration, which also acts as a file explorer between Acrobat and the Microsoft Windows operating system.

Because Internet Explorer 11 is no longer supported,  for me to get the result that you're looking for, I had to disable Internet Explorer completely and all of its associated plug-ins.

As a second step, I also went to the control panel -->> "Programs Features" and enable apps to have access to the system libraries and file system.

The default setting in Windows 10 and 11 is Off, so it may be possible that these users have that setting restricted.

A note on that, as you enable this option it also opens up to any program to be able to read and write to system libraries, which contradicts the bult-in security of the operating system.

++ EDITED REPLY

If this is not a concern of your organization you can try the following guidelines from Microsoft Support:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you again, ls_rbls, for all of your advice.

We are managed by our organization.

Internet Explorer is completely removed from our systems.

We are allowed to adjust privacy settings to allow/deny app access to the file system.

I finally got it to work. I don't know why this change did it, but I'll explain the process after I show you this little prologue.

First, as you can see, I don't have any online storage options displayed in my Home tab - 

Jorel_0-1665596395333.png

If I do a search for anything here, it says I need to sign in. BUT it also now displays Adobe Cloud Storage, although greyed out - 

Jorel_1-1665596476069.png

It is my assumption at this time that my organization has limited the use of Adobe Cloud Storage through Acrobat Pro DC, since we are a Microsoft 365 customer. I say "limited" because I can still access Acrobat Online and create/save files there. Additionally, going to my Adobe account page shows that I have Adobe for Enterprise with 100GB of total cloud storage.

With that out of the way, I suspected that I was not getting the dialog I expected because I had no online storage options on the Home tab.

So I selected Add file storage, and then Add under OneDrive - 

Jorel_2-1665596973191.png
This prompted me to connect through Microsoft - 

Jorel_3-1665597131792.png

Once that process completed, OneDrive is displayed uner Other File Storage - 

Jorel_4-1665597299183.png

So now, when I try to save a file, I get this -

Jorel_5-1665597387595.png

I think this is what my coworkers want, so I will demo the process to them and see if that meets their intent.

Again, thank you for the input, it gave me extra avenues to explore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey that is great!

Thank you for sharing that solution.

I learned something new today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines