• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I go back to the old Acrobat?

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update is terrible. Comment tools are complicated and/or missing. Nothing is where it was

How can I reinstall the last version??

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

To revert to the old interface:

• On Macs, go to the View menu and select Disable New Acrobat.
  • On Windows, to the hamburger menu in the upper left corner (where the old File menu used to be) and select Disable New Acrobat, it's about 2/3 down the menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Hi All!

Hope you are doing well.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change; however, we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you can be more productive and get more out of Acrobat.

We are actively working on any unavailable features, such as customizing the All Tools positioning or user interface. And we will address them with the highest priority. 

A point to note is that as we made these changes in the interface, we have ensured all tools & features

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 129 Replies 129
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to install the previous version. You can revert to the old UI by selecting View -> Disable New Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't even find View to change to the old view. There is no "View" to click on, and it won't find it in the search bar, either.

grrrrrr

So how much efficiency will I sacrifice wasting time looking for things that aren't where they should be?????????

GRRRRRR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if you found it, but it took me forever to find as well. Top left, drop down menu. There is "view". BUT it is not there. Just below "view" is "disable new version" or something to that effect. You'll have to restart, so save your work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2024 Jan 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a lifesaver, thank you. I was so upset about the change I was blind when it came to finding the solution. Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks... I HATE  the new version... A bunge of stupid tech at Adobe are created something that is nothing but a nusisance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2024 Mar 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe software developers one year ago: "Hmmmm... Acrobat Pro has a good user interface and toolbars/tools that users can understand. I think we better change that!"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2024 Jul 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carrie33303342abde for president. You just saved my my laptop from becoming history

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have tried this three times and it is not working on my Windows machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. It was driving me crazy but this simple solution fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you dear lord in heaven!! I was going blind looking at the "new experience".   Now how do I disable all the new "tips" that keep popping up.  I have ADHD and they are killing my productivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2023 Dec 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thanks! The new version is the opposite of intuitive. Plus adding new (and unwanted) features like a floating toolbar that users have no option to remove is horrible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bless you and I hope you live forever! lol You're a lifesaver! I was literally about to pull my hair out. I don't mind change, but come on!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change is adding a few new tools to an interface that everyone understood, not moving tools all over the place, getting rid of good tools like the text box, and renaming things like the "File" tab to "Menu". This was change for no reason.; fixing what was not broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked. Thank goodness. The new version of Acrobat Pro was a screaming disaster. They changed the interface, tool bar locations, certain toolbars would not dock, the window that told you what page you are on was moved to the bottom right and on that window you could only see one digit for the current page, the File tab at the top was changed to "Menu", which was confusing, they evidently got rid of the text box tool (which I used all the time), and it was hard as hell to find just your basic tools - just a complete mess. They was no reason whatsover to change the interface and tools so much. I have no idea why Adobe did the new version - it was like the Windows Vista of Abobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but this assumes that one can locate 'view', which is something that as far as I can see, has (along with all the other basic commands that I wish to use) disappeared within the new format! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new layout of acrobat is crap. not every change is better. i am glad that i can change back to the old acrobat settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2024 Jul 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can revert to a version that is not "new" Acrobat, but it's not a true older version that actually works. For example, the horizonatal scroll bar is still missing and the program itself cannot deal with complicated files in edit mode without glitching out. Something as simple as deleting a line from a book cover with a complex design is now impossible because the program cannot handle an enlarged complex file without flipping out (redrawing the page over and over again). It's horrible and has made doing my prepress work nearly impossible. Adobe really needs to go back to a couple of versions before even the "revert to old version" so that everything will work correctly again. As far as I'm concerned, all of the recent updates have done nothing to enhance the program but have very successfully made me hate using it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with Matt. The screen layout is messed up now. Can't easily find old commenting / editing tools. I would like the bookmarks / pages returned to left side of screen from the right side where it suddenly moved to. The toolbar that used to appear on top is now on the left side and has changed from what it contained before update. How can I get the old screen format / layout / page appearance like it was before this last update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my response above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To revert to the old interface:

• On Macs, go to the View menu and select Disable New Acrobat.
  • On Windows, to the hamburger menu in the upper left corner (where the old File menu used to be) and select Disable New Acrobat, it's about 2/3 down the menu.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents |
|    PubCom |    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I CAN'T FIND A VIEW MENU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines