• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I go back to the old Acrobat?

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update is terrible. Comment tools are complicated and/or missing. Nothing is where it was

How can I reinstall the last version??

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

To revert to the old interface:

• On Macs, go to the View menu and select Disable New Acrobat.
  • On Windows, to the hamburger menu in the upper left corner (where the old File menu used to be) and select Disable New Acrobat, it's about 2/3 down the menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Hi All!

Hope you are doing well.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change; however, we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you can be more productive and get more out of Acrobat.

We are actively working on any unavailable features, such as customizing the All Tools positioning or user interface. And we will address them with the highest priority. 

A point to note is that as we made these changes in the interface, we have ensured all tools & features

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 131 Replies 131
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows or macOS?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't find it on MAC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2023 Nov 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank god Adobe decided to make an option to revert that disgusting change !

I wonder how long until we get forced to live with this disaster. Always a matter of time...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed new version is HORRIBLE!!!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope they don't force the update, as I will be forced to look for an alternative.  Someone should be fired for such an unneccesary and poor update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2024 Mar 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just disabled the new Acrobat Pro - thank God I was (and we are all) able to. If they force the disastrous new version on us, I might have to buy Bluebeam, because I could not get anything done in the new Acrobat. They took a good thing and just screwed it up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember back before Acrobat DC days, you could open multiple files and select a tool and use it on ALL files opened. You did not have to reselect the same tool for every file. Why they stoped that I will never know. Especially when you need to use PitStop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2023 Nov 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You !!! Always open for upgrades, the more I tried to like it, the more I hated it, because it made me loose time with a truly messed up degenerated work flow. Who at Adobe is doing user experience control? From the results, none was done. There is no way experienced users would be able to improve their work flow, let alone give this vesion a vote of confidence or reccomendation for implementation. All is geared towards purposely disrupting the user's workflow with the sole goal to upsell new features.  (like the Home Depot moves the screws to a different isle to draw the attention to carwash shampoo) It's just poor, poor, poor customer experience integration in seeking for new revenue streams. It's disrespectful to the loyal monthly paying user community too. A new Adobe low maybe? (Also why is the spell checker disabled in these forums?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for posting how to sort this with Windows. Life saver 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. This is a life saver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not see the DISABLE NEW ACROBAT selection.  Where is the BATES stamp option in the new Adobe?  Where is the search option?   Where can I search for tools?

The new version stinks.  I have fiddled with it for about an hour and you succeeded in reinventing the wheel but not much else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The option is not there.  The first option is Export a PDF; I don't see the disable option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  Yes, this update is a DISASTER.  You cannot find anything and the tools and menus are all over the place.  Not intuitive.  Someone should be fired for this mess!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2024 Feb 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only reason they make this crap of a UI is to put the "Utilities" on the left side panel where it hits the eyes of people the most, which when clicked would lead people to the pay page for their "utilities".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't work any more. It worked the first time I was yanked into the new interface. Now I still have menus, and the View menu DOES have an item Enable new Acrobat Reader, but it's not checked. 

When I choose Enable new Acrobat Reader and restart, it only gets worse. Then when I use the "hamburger menu" method, I get the same steaming pile of advertisement for premium editing tools that passes for the "new interface," and not one of the features for which I relied on Reader.

I HAVE an expensive and powerful pdf editor, but I kept Acrobat Reader as my default pdf handler because I liked the interfaced and used the great viewing tools. No reason to do that now.

There are a lot of decent pdf viewers and editors out there. If Adobe doesn't want us, why bother?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2024 Apr 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for giving us the correct answer to getting rid of the new version of adobe. I found the disable button in the menu just as you said. I'm so happy to have my old adobe program back; I couldn't get anything done with the new one! I couldn't figure out how to navigate the page sizes, switch back and forth between them, etc. I had the old adobe customized to just how I wanted it. I hope they don't eventually force us all to go to the newer version; I'll uninstall the program if they do that. Again, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2024 Jul 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree.  I felt like I could breath again after I went back to the old Adobe version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2024 May 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the extension for Chrome and I want the classic look back. No hamburger menu. I believe this is the web version. New look is terrible and not intuitive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All!

Hope you are doing well.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change; however, we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you can be more productive and get more out of Acrobat.

We are actively working on any unavailable features, such as customizing the All Tools positioning or user interface. And we will address them with the highest priority. 

A point to note is that as we made these changes in the interface, we have ensured all tools & features that are currently supported retain their familiar functionalities and workflows as they did in the previous version. We proactively address any gaps or issues users report regarding any break in current workflows.

If your critical workflows are impacted, you can switch to the old UI from the “Menu” on the top left corner of Windows OS and View Menu on MacOS. We will follow up with a detailed community-featured post, guiding you to familiarise yourself with the new interface and regular updates on upcoming changes.

We will follow up on this response with a detailed article explaining the changes, a guide to help familiarise you with the new interface, and regular updates on upcoming changes.

Thank you once again for your feedback, and do look forward to our upcoming releases!

~Tariq

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for pointing out how to revert to the well-known and recognizable interface. I personally do not see the advantages of the cryptic update. Hyrogliphics have their place, but the option should always exist for keywords.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@tariq. Its October now.  I'm running Acrobat Pro 2023.006.20320 and the "old Acrobat" feature does not seem to be there in Mac.

Is Adobe reading the room here ?

It looks like you are going to be forcing me away onto another competing product. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This Adobe DC Standard update is the most horrible thing I have ever seen, jkust wasting my time in trying to find missing tools, switching to Nitro !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2024 Jan 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Splitting the menu up into sub sections scattered around the screen without full editing capability is sheer lunacy. Obviously specified by someone who isn't a regular user. In my case I always need marquee zoom and fit to single page. Surely very common? Not possible to pin to new menu. Who is doing the beta testing for goodness sake? And do they head feedback?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2024 Jan 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many of us Community Experts are beta testers for Adobe's programs.

And many of us have been very clear that we don't like the new Spectrum2 interface for Acrobat, long before it was released to the public.

They did listen a bit and improved the icons, size, and color scheme...and added the lable "Menu" next to the hamburger 3 horizontal bars in the upper left. Oh, and they now let us move that menu bar so that it doesn't cover up part of the document we're trying to read.

But overall, it's a nightmare to use for real work-related production. So much slower to find the tools I need to use frequently, every day.

Let Adobe know:

You can voice your opinion about the new interface at UserVoice: https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/47082691-ditch-t... 

Be sure to leave a comment about your opinion and experience with the new interface. They need to hear from us users.

FYI, UserVoice is Adobe's official website where it reads and takes into account suggestions and complaints from users of its various products.  On the other hand, this community forum is a user-to-user help forum and information posted here rarely reaches ears or eyes at Adobe.

Learn about the new interface:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/new-acrobat-experience.html

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer, Trainer, & Technologist for Accessible Documents |
|    PubCom |    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2024 Feb 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol, let's be real. The only reason they make this UI is to make the paid-for "Utilities" on the left side panel more noticable. You beta testers' opinions mean nothing to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines