• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I move or delete text boxes in Acrobat DC?

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to edit the layout of a PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC on Windows 11 and have spent DAYS trying to figure out how to move or delete text boxes. No matter what I do, the only thing Acrobat seems to allow is editing the text within a text box. 

Let me be crystal clear: I am not asking how to edit text within a text box; every tutorial I could find on the subject seems only to talk about editing the actual text.  What I'm asking is how to select a text box and either move it to a different position or delete it altogether.  Photoshop, for example, has the text edit tool and the object selection tool; if Acrobat has a similar object selection tool, I'll be damned if I can find it.

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Hi! You can do that with the edit PDF Tool. You need to grad the box at the border to move it. I attached a Screen Recording where you can see what i am doing. (The software is in german but you should be able to find it)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does you mean form text fields or comment text fields?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @EdTCS 

++ Adding to the discussion

If its a PDF form and you have editing rights, open the PDF file > go to Tools > Prepare form and then you would be able to move or delete the text box.

Hope it will help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its 2023 and I have the same question. acrobat has turned into the worst unusable bit of software. shocking

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! You can do that with the edit PDF Tool. You need to grad the box at the border to move it. I attached a Screen Recording where you can see what i am doing. (The software is in german but you should be able to find it)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2023 Dec 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your video shows moving text boxes around.   How does one DELETE a text box?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2023 Dec 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@davidgolber 

When the text frame is selected (as in the video), press the Delete key on your keyboard or use Ctrl+X (Cmd+X) to Cut it.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gosh, Alexander, THANK YOU, though thats not working for me.
While Ive used Adobe things since 1985ish, this vers of Acrobat is driving me bonkers.

- I opened a PDF, used the edit function to create a text box with one character.
Then Im ABLE to get/see the move cursor, yet EVERY time I touch the text box I created, the cursor changes to the text cursor.
- I can EDIT the darned text, but cannot find a way to KEEP the cursor in its MOVE function with the dots on its corners, to MOVE the text box. 
*Theres got to be a way. Any help, Very Appreciated --tyia!!!
Cant post a pic due to confidentiality, 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines