• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

How do I move or delete text boxes in Acrobat DC?

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to edit the layout of a PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC on Windows 11 and have spent DAYS trying to figure out how to move or delete text boxes. No matter what I do, the only thing Acrobat seems to allow is editing the text within a text box. 

Let me be crystal clear: I am not asking how to edit text within a text box; every tutorial I could find on the subject seems only to talk about editing the actual text.  What I'm asking is how to select a text box and either move it to a different position or delete it altogether.  Photoshop, for example, has the text edit tool and the object selection tool; if Acrobat has a similar object selection tool, I'll be damned if I can find it.

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does you mean form text fields or comment text fields?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @EdTCS 

++ Adding to the discussion

If its a PDF form and you have editing rights, open the PDF file > go to Tools > Prepare form and then you would be able to move or delete the text box.

Hope it will help

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines