• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I move the quick actions toolbar in Acrobat Pro 2022.003.20281 on a Mac?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Acrobat Pro 2022.003.20281 on a Mac OS 12.5. In past versions I could dock the Quick Actions Toolbar to the top of the window, but in this version of Acrobat, it hovers in the upper left, sometimes covering art that I need to see when zooming in. Is there a way to dock it so it isn't hovering, or at least temporarily hide it? The attached image shows how it is "floating" above the window. I need it to not float so it doesn't cover my PDF workspace. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 3.34.50 PM.png

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 04, 2023 Sep 04, 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Hi All,

Hope you are doing well. 

We appreciate your valuable feedback! We're always looking for ways to improve Acrobat, and we appreciate the time and effort you have taken to share your thoughts with us.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change; however, we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you can be more productive and get more out of Acrobat.

We are actively working on all the currently unavailable features, such as moving, hiding, or re-s

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 206 Replies 206
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2023 Aug 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am late and recently touching the new Acrobat reader and also find the same issue.

Thank bros for the commends.

I chek the date and wonder why it 's been so long but the issue still there, no improving?

i myself always hope that, the trend of changing make things better, at least, Acrobat team wants to bring users new exelent experience. is it correct? I just temporarily switch back to old version, but willing to try new verison later ...

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is extremely frustrating I cannot move or hide the quick action toolbar in Acrobat. As a user who pays monthly for Adobe apps, this toolbar is not something I need or want and it is in my way. I don't know why it was assumed everyone using Acrobat would want this to the point where the ability to move or hide it was not engineered. That was some pretty bad planning. Please develop a way to move or hide thus useless obstacle ASAP. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2023 Aug 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to do this on PC?  I don't have the "disable" button under "view" and that floating toolbar is really interfering. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2023 Aug 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is the same issue I am thinking of, try going to File on the toolbar.

See if there is an option called "Revert" - on my system it is between "Share File" and "Close File" (mine is greyed out because I have already selected it).

Click this. It should revert your Adobe to the version before this update screwed it up.

Hope this works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a bad move, I do not like it at all.  We have been working for years with the menu on top and now is taking my productivity time to figure this out.  Please return to the previous version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so stupid - a program designed to let you share and read documents and the default setting hides the start of every document - what idiot signed that one off ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the 'downvote' option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went back to the previous interface because I was trying to create some redlines on and when I was trying to write something on the left edge, the bar + the font menu big square occupied all the space I needed to write.  I needed to make weird zoomes and move the page in different ways.  The software was working against me. Very difficult to work with and it needs correction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its now 10 months later and there is no adjustment to this problem!! Come on Adobe, fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a little late to the game, but IT just updated my Acrobat to the latest version. I can't express how inconvenient the floating toolbar is. And the fact that you moved the list of tools to the left, and searching for a tool is god knows where. And returning to the All Tools view takes 3 or 4 clicks. and adding a tool to that floating toolbar is - how in the world does that work? I am spending more time searching than working in the document. VERY inconvenient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please allow us to dock it back where it was. It's hiding part of my PDF. This folating toolbar should be ONLY floating over the viewer pane.

I can't even move it anywhere else but the viewing pane!

I'm sorry to be blunt but... that's an incredibly stupid design element.

As the old saying goes: if it ain't broke, don't fix it. You went and broke something that was perfectly fine. Really... it is ... "broke".

Fix this or I switch to Foxit!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a number of other serious issues with the "new" adobe acrobat interface- very disappointing as I have always loved adobe applications and I pay a monthly premium for it so expect it to be user friendly and for updates & upgrades to ENHANCE the app not detract from it:

a real irritating new feature is that the left side scroll bar appears and disappears randomly making it a laborious task to simply scroll through documents - I searched preferences to see if there is a way to make it STAY and ALWAYS show and nothing works.

@ADOBE please FIX the problems in Adobe Acrobat Pro!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Children software developers!!!!! Did you add a tool for me to attached photos of my food or puppy dog as well. Idiots! People have production workflows. You might know this if you ever worked full time in your life!!~!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2024 Jan 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Multiple people, rooms of people, agreed that this was a good thing? Had any of them worked with PDFs before? I can't even imagine what kind of yes men had to be present, in multiple instances, multiple times, and this floating POS made it in as a NON-OPTIONAL panel that can't be hidden?! Someone came up with this. People agreed. I have to know, who ARE these people?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would it work if one day you woke up, attempted to dress for the day and discovered someone moved your clothing into several neighboring dwelllings? Your shirts are in the blue house, your shoes are in the green apartment, and your socks are on a bus. That is what the interface feels like compared to Acrobat 10 where users could place any and all tools on as many toolbars they choose and could place the toolbars anywhere that suited them best.

At this rate, I'll never get out of the house for work, I can't find my jacket!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adobe, are you going to fix this annoying feature? This "floating" toolbar has to be one of the useless features ever. Please let us rearrange the workspace to get this intrusive thing off of our document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2023 Jul 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no other solution than to Disable New Acrobat as of today. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replying to document yet another user's frustration with this inflexibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate that it can't be docked too. I use the zoom feature alot. Looking to maybe use something else if this can't be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So absolutely annoying - please fix as soon as possible, this is so frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could not agree much more!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Acrobat Pro was recently updated and now the tool bars are on the opposite side of my document.  This just caused me to have to change my written instructions with screenshots on a document I've been working on for weeks!  I cannot find anywhere a solution that shows how to move the tool bars where you want them.  Apparently they are fixed. We should have the option to choose what side of the page the tool bars sit.  Now I have to retrain how I work because the tools and navigation panes have been switched.  What was the reason for this?  And the floating toolbar is in the way!  Can't you fix it so we can arrange our workspace for how we work or change it back to the way it was?  This is so frustrating, and I've wasted hours just trying to find a solution.  I even uninstalled and reinstalled the program.  So upsetting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you click view - disable new acrobat it will return back to the original format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2023 Jun 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting this information, this did exactly what I was looking for. For any other frustrated users in this tread try this step, it is a quick fix.

And Adobe, please hear the feedback. This program already does everything it needs to do. Moving things around doesnt improve the experiance it just frustrates users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I absolutely hate it! We should be able to either move or hide. Please fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines