• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I move the quick actions toolbar in Acrobat Pro 2022.003.20281 on a Mac?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Acrobat Pro 2022.003.20281 on a Mac OS 12.5. In past versions I could dock the Quick Actions Toolbar to the top of the window, but in this version of Acrobat, it hovers in the upper left, sometimes covering art that I need to see when zooming in. Is there a way to dock it so it isn't hovering, or at least temporarily hide it? The attached image shows how it is "floating" above the window. I need it to not float so it doesn't cover my PDF workspace. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 3.34.50 PM.png

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 04, 2023 Sep 04, 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Hi All,

Hope you are doing well. 

We appreciate your valuable feedback! We're always looking for ways to improve Acrobat, and we appreciate the time and effort you have taken to share your thoughts with us.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change; however, we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you can be more productive and get more out of Acrobat.

We are actively working on all the currently unavailable features, such as moving, hiding, or re-s

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 201 Replies 201
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joshua Love,

Thank you for reaching out.

This is the new User Interface behavior. Currently, we do not have any option to move the toolbar. 

We will check with the team if we can remove it or hide it when zooming in on the PDF and will update you.

We appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I'd appreciate a way to hide it or move it (preferably dock it like before), as it currently slows down some of my work as it is placed now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me get this straight:

It is a new feature of your PDF viewer application to hide part of the document without exception? Is there even a way to move it? I can't figure out a touch taget for that.  I simply want to view a PDF, and Reader continues to add more "features" that distract from the baseline of the program. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed - this painful thing is in the way. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

agreed the Acrobat UI has devolved--not intuitive. seems the tail is wagging the dog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone figured this out yet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is totally stupid, you're ruined a perfectly good program.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed!! They always ruin what works! Why do these companies think that they need to mess with processes that work? It's soooo frustrating!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

job security

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They only do that to justify the radiculous price by claiming that the constantly upgrading the program and if there is nothing to upgrade they just simply change things around!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, who decided this was a good idea to reduce functionality by taking away the ability to set the toolbar in the users prefered position?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also vote for a PERMANENT option to restore the toolbar to the top of the document.  Not being able to easily adjust zoom, change pages, etc. is maddening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2023 Aug 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will second this. It is incredibly silly that the "new" version doesn't have this option. Even just editing a simple document, it gets covered by this toolbar. It seems counterintuitive. Glad I can switch back still. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with both of these things! The tool bar must be moved at ease or docked and page numbers and zoom must go back to the top (or at least leave us the choice).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree having the toolbar to the left is just in the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last good user interface was Acrobat 12, after that everything has been down hill. Personally that is the version I use, 12 or below. Unfortunately Windows and Office has done the same, it is more important to bring a new design that a functional one. The last good UI was -Windows 7, the last good Office interface was 2003. I don't know who started the line of thought that having things disapearing or transparent in production or work software was something good. Newer user interfaces for Adobe and Microsoft try to imitate working on phone or tablets and they completely forget the real user who is actually trying to have work done in a computer. Trying to find out where the things go when they disapear or how to move something that is covering your work surface is not the reason why we are using your software. If changes in user interface do not make the work easier, then is causing issues for those who are trying to use it for work. Production software does not have to be cool, has to be practical, handy, intuitive. That is why I have to use old software while I can. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2023 Jul 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they r 'fixing' things that are not broken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and not fixing things that are

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Many good features are lost in the new version!

It is a waste of time to develop a new UI which is worse than the old UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The old user interface worked just fine. Can someone tell me the advantages to the changes? Can I please have my top toolbar back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2023 Jul 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who ever did this was clearly NOT thinking about the users! It looks and feels SH*TT!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell them to quit messing with stuff that isn't broken. Thanks to Scott Haugaard for the correct answer!!

Putting the quick actions tool bar right in the way so we can't see to get measurements etc was dumb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Due to the new interface behavior and such things as having the tool bar across my document and no option to move it to the top where it was previously, I will be removing this upgrade from my desktop and reverting back to an older version.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please submit a request to put all the tools back in a single place. It's not practical to have all the tools so spread out.

Previous format was perfect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines