• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I move the quick actions toolbar in Acrobat Pro 2022.003.20281 on a Mac?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Acrobat Pro 2022.003.20281 on a Mac OS 12.5. In past versions I could dock the Quick Actions Toolbar to the top of the window, but in this version of Acrobat, it hovers in the upper left, sometimes covering art that I need to see when zooming in. Is there a way to dock it so it isn't hovering, or at least temporarily hide it? The attached image shows how it is "floating" above the window. I need it to not float so it doesn't cover my PDF workspace. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 3.34.50 PM.png

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 04, 2023 Sep 04, 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Hi All,

Hope you are doing well. 

We appreciate your valuable feedback! We're always looking for ways to improve Acrobat, and we appreciate the time and effort you have taken to share your thoughts with us.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change; however, we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you can be more productive and get more out of Acrobat.

We are actively working on all the currently unavailable features, such as moving, hiding, or re-s

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 207 Replies 207
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Please try updating the application to the latest version that addresses this issue. It's now possible to drag the quick tools bar and place it as desired. To update the application, go to Help > Check for updates.

For more information, refer to the following post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/adobe-acrobat-and-reader-september-2023-updates-n....

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update allows the toolbar to be moved from left to right, but I cannot get in my desired location, which is no top.  Am I doing something wrong.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Acrobat Pro 2022, the Quick Actions Toolbar might not have the same docking options as in previous versions. To address this issue, you can try the following steps:

1. Customize the Toolbar:

• Right-click on any part of the toolbar area or go to the "View" menu.
    • Select "Customize Toolbar..."
    • Look for the Quick Actions Toolbar and see if there's an option to dock it at the top or anywhere more convenient.
  2. Undock and Relocate:

• If the toolbar remains undockable, you may have to undock it from its current position.
    • Click and drag the Quick Actions Toolbar to a different location on your screen court dimension, preferably to the side where it doesn't obstruct your PDF workspace.
  3. Temporary Hide:

• Some applications allow you to temporarily hide toolbars by pressing a keyboard shortcut. Try pressing the "Tab" key to hide or reveal the toolbar when needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad I'm not the only one! I was hoping google would answer this - so annoying there's not a solve - also why did thumbnails move from the left to the right. I want my old version back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As someone who uses a vertical monitor, this is the worst change that could've been made. Why are we at the very least not able to keep it hidden? It blocks half of the things I need to work on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, this is extremely annoying!!! Adobe, please fix this so we can put the toolbar back at the top.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I signed in for the first time in a few years just to add my vote of annoyance at this new design.  It is always so frustrating when companies feel the need to "update" a perfectly good product just for the sake of change and end up making things worse for their customers.  And thank you to those who made it easy to find the "Disable New Acrobat" menu item. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really hate this new update also

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The location of the tools in the new version is abysmal. I was extremely happy with the location and layout of the tool bars in the previous version.  I've tried getting used to the new locations but they are in the worst locations imaginable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just having seen the "new" version, I'm sticking with what works.  Let's keep it simple and not have people have to click so many time to get to what they want to do.  This new version is not user friendly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This "upgrade" is horrible!  Listen to your consumers and change it back.  This isn't as simple as getting used to the changes.  You've taken a decent program and made it cumbersome and less productive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting ready to move back to BlueBeam.  Floating tool bar is horrible and I can't find anything I need to use even in a search. with this new upgrade!  Frustrated!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is UTTERLY AWFUL!

I can't comprehend how these changes were even consisdered helpful or needed. I use pdf's extensively, all day everyday and it is now so cumbersome and annoying to use. 

Get me a way out from this horrible software now !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this option.  It worked for me.

Matt33037306ny2f_0-1697811809197.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!  I had mistakenly updated and was going made for the past week 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is absolutely driving me crazy.  I want to doc the toolbar with the other options - across the top or on the right-side options.  Grrrr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding to the call to remove this very annoying and poorly thought out "feature" - the floating toolbar covering the workspace needs to be fixed asap - it makes the new UX unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2023 Oct 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a HUGE nusance. Adobe, fix this. We should be able to dock the toolbar so it is not in the way. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is crazy. I WANT TO MAKE THIS FLOATING TOOL BAR GO AWAY.  HOW DO I DO THAT?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed – this new floating toolbar is super painful! It gets in the way of the content on the page. Please put it back in with the side or top menu bars to get it out of the way Adobe. It's just annoying to the user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping there would be a solution to this, but it seems not! Drives me up the wall when it covers the document and you have to keep moving it out the way (where it covers up another part of the document...). I'd much rather dock it at the top like I used to!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree. I want to dock the thing in the sidebar or the bottom where it doesn't obstruct my work. I can't believe Adobe created a feature that obstructs the workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE, Adobe, fix this toolbar misfunction. I have had to revert to using the Previewer program to see pdfs while on zoom calls because Adobe, which I PAY for, has a horrific floating TOOLBAR that blocks my view of documents. This renders the program unusable in my daily work. I am really unhappy. Please expand your group of testers before rolling out major program changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That floating thing is *annoying* ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I 100% agree the new placement of the toolbar and the Pages, Bookmarks, Layer and Zoom, of this new interface is not intuitive at all! Please just alow us to customize our work environment my moving and docing toolbars.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines