• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I open pdf's in separate windows in Adobe Acrobat Standard 23.001 version?

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The option is not there in Preferences -> General. Please let me know, I dont like them opening in new tabs in the same window, I want them to open in different windows.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Disable the new UI:

Amal_0-1661253905077.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2024 Jan 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And equally annoying: while it's possible to tear off a tab to a new window, it's no longer possible to drop it into an existing window. I frequently work with a hybrid of separate windows and tabs, because I have Acrobat windows on multiple monitors but want the PDFs to be easily accessible by tabs in each window, not hunting through a dozen separate windows for the one I want. It helps when I can reorganize my tabs between windows.

This is not a new concept — the old Acrobat allowed me to drop a tab into another window — and it's not an obsolete one either, as any web browser will show you. 😒

I'm staying with the "new" Acrobat because I have coworkers using it, and it's easier to answer questions when I know where the heck things have been moved to. (Which to me is totally gratuitous, since I've yet to see any new functionality — or even changed functionality! — in the new version. It's just a UI shuffle. Bravo, Adobe. 🙄)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!  I hate when an 'update' or whatever completely changes the look and how things work with no notice of what the updates are or what is changing. It was driving me crazy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a previous reply to this question, but I feel compelled to add to it.

First, I wonder if the Adobe engineers or at least someone at Adobe looks at these.  One would think so.  I think I will screenshot all the commentary and find a way to email it to them.

Secondly, and most importantly, and as a follow up to my previous shout out to the community about it, if somebody knows whether it is possible to get the "open" button back on the menu bar, please tell me.  I love it so.  I know it is neurotic behavior and evidences a mental health issue or at least points to a latent one, but the inability to have an "open" but bothers me immensely, like absurdly so.  The thing is, it really does.  I'm afraid I'm going to start having nightmares where an "open" button personifies and chases after me, and I can't get away no matter where I go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh, I forgot to mention one other point, which goes to my question whether Adobe even reads this commentary.  This stream/the initial question, is marked "Solved."  It is not "solved."  Reverting to a previous interface is not "solved."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip. went back to the old version!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2024 Apr 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following steps:

1- Click in the pdf window on the blue round image (user);

2- Click the round iten, and it will "pop up":

"Account owner name", -

"e-mail address", -

"Adobe Account" and, below, the items:

"Preferences"

"Log off"

3- Click "Preferences"

4- Click in categories "General"

5- in Tools --"Uncheck 11th line"

Open documents as new tabs in the same window (Requires restart)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2024 Apr 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What the does this post by Roger Karam - "blue round image", etc. - mean???

Trying to understand this post but can't.  

Can anyone interpret? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's just a roundabout way of getting into Preferences — same as clicking on Preferences in the main menu. And we've already determined that the new Acrobat doesn't have an "Open documents as new tabs in the same window (Requires restart)" option, so he isn't contributing much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just iinstalled Pro on atest but going to cancel immediately! I cannot work with documents  as Tabs. Totally unusable!

How does oninstall the Old version & stay licensed? That is the only other alternative!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stephanie33917116by8x_0-1712677038320.png

@NICK36624738l8tp this was shared above. I also used it and know it works (until the saged overlords of Adobe decide to remove that option too of course).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have a link to an old  version of acrobat Pro that works without tabs. Save me using a razor blade on my wrists 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the bug report/feature requestr site for Acrobat. Everyone, please setup an account and vote for these previously submitted Feature request / Bug reports and mark them as 'Critical'. The more Critical votes we get on these, the more attention the issue will get.

1. Request: Option to disable tabs: https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/46894150-request...

2. Don't take away "Open documents as new tabs in the same window": https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/46813747-don-t-t... 

3. Open multiple files in separate windows, not as tabs in single window.: https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/47049442-open-mu... 

Anyone have any info on if/when Adobe plans to force the new UI on us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OUTSTANDING! Thanks for sharing those links. "Critical" done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I uncheck disable new acrobat, I get a warning that reads "To disable the New Abrobat experience, restart the app.  Diabling the new experience will no longer grant you access to agreement drafts and templates.

What are agreement drafts and templates?  How do I know if I care that these features are disabled?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines