• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I put the search box in the tool bar at the top instead of having it cover up the document?

Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It used to be quite simple to simply control + F and then type search terms in a box that was present in the tool bar.  Now the only way I can find to search seems to be a horrible box that blocks part of the document.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can not be changed. The functionality is the same, though. You just press Ctr+F and then enter the search term.

Alternatively, you can use the Advanced Search command (Ctrl+Shift+F), which opens in a separate window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I already know about Control + F, but the "functionality" is not the same.  It is now covering up part of my document, sometimes including the actual search term itself.  Aside from that, the only way to actually SEE the tool bar is to have the document in full screen.  I need to have the document on half of the screen with something else alongside of it. 

Why have they done this?  It makes me want to go back to a previous version.  Do you happen to know which version was the last to NOT have this added thing that sucks away my productivity?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe Acrobat 9? I'm not sure... I suggest learning to live with this (minor) issue. Reverting to an older version is not a viable option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but it is not a "minor" issue from where I am sitting.  It's making me less productive and causing me to use my painful, crippled hands rather more than I would prefer.

I do wish I could go back to 9 (or better yet 6).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In exploring this situation, I too would love to be able to dock the Find dialog off of the view panel.  I did discover, surprisingly, that I could slide the Find box left and right on the upper view panel border.  While not what you were hoping for, maybe moving it far left could help if it is in the way in the default upper right.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I did notice that.  I appreciate your trying to help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- Yes, you can move the Search window.

- Otherwise you can use the Advanced Search which can be docked or used as a floating window.

Capture_2212121911.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  This doesn't help.  What I would like is to have an unobstructed view of the document (no open sidebars, no intruding search box) on one-half of my screen and to be able to use it just like that, without having to waste time pulling out side bars or going to the full screen.  Having a perpetually open full search is not an improvement at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait... are you saying I can somehow move it upwards to the toolbar rather than to the left or right but still covering part of the document?  If so, that is the exact thing that I would like to do, but I can't get it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also do not have the ability to arrange the windows?  Where would I find that? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Edit menu : Advanced Search

The button is in the search window

Capture_2212131621.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also you SOMEHOW do not have the ridiculous blue share button on the toolbar.  Can you please tell me the exact product that you have (according to the year?)?  Mine is Acrobat 2020 (without pro).  If I switched to pro, would have have the same features available as you do?  [Your product doesn't have a year in it, and mine does.]  Right now it appears that I would be better off with the free reader instead of this expesive thing were it not for the fact that I sometimes need to do OCR and mark things up.  That's just crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-click on the icon bar:

Capture_2212131615.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please tell me the exact product that you have (according to the year?)? Mine is Acrobat 2020 (without pro).  I have no option similar to what you are showing here.  I see that the free reader has that option, tho.  Are you using the free reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat Pro DC (up-to-date) and can only show or hide the LABEL for the share button.

show_share1.png

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... but hiding the label reduces the button down to an icon, NOT the big blue monster!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is preferable.  This program I am using is inferior.  That's for sure.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Capture_2212141433.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines