• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I retrieve a lost PIN for digital signing?

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Years ago I had a PIN for doc signing in order to close out my deceased parents' estate.  I have not used the feature since and have no idea where the PIN may have been saved.  Adobe makes it impossible to get a hold of anyone who might assist in retrieving it.  Should I just request a new one?

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Hello lukmanc11766700

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. As per the description above, you want to recover the lost pin for Digital signature, Is that correct?

Sadly, there is not much can be done to recover the password used to protect the digital signature. You have to delete your digital signature if you cannot recall the password and have to load in a new one.

Note: You can delete only self-signed digital IDs that you created in Acrobat. A digital ID obtained from another

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello lukmanc11766700

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. As per the description above, you want to recover the lost pin for Digital signature, Is that correct?

Sadly, there is not much can be done to recover the password used to protect the digital signature. You have to delete your digital signature if you cannot recall the password and have to load in a new one.

Note: You can delete only self-signed digital IDs that you created in Acrobat. A digital ID obtained from another provider cannot be deleted.

To create a new Digital Signature, you can follow the steps mentioned below:

• Please open the PDF in Acrobat, choose the "Certificate" tool from the "Tools".
  • Now choose "Digital Signature" at the top and drag the mouse over the document where you want to place the Digital Signature, a window will pop up with the option to create New Digital ID, please select it & proceed with the prompts to create a new Digital ID.
  • Make sure you memorize the password.

You may also refer to Digital IDs in Acrobat Link: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/digital-ids.html

Feel free to update this discussion if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After creating not one but two digital ID's, I tried to enter the password or pin, troubleshooting this for over an hour, only for it to NOT work. Acrobat is such a waste of time with the endless steps, back and forth, and extra effort that leads nowhere. What a complete waste of my time with no resources or help online! I am going to Apple Preview - thankfully it is intuitive unlike Acrobat which makes everything so unbelieveably complicated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is s simple way to delete the signature when the PIN has been lost.

Method 1

Go to "My PC"
Go to the "C" Drive
Go to "Users"; Choose the your user name.
Go to AppData
Go to Roaming
Go to Adobe
Go to Acrobat
Go to DC
Go to Security
Search for the User's ID, e.g. JohnDoe.pfx
Delete the file.

Method 2

Choose Search from your Windows start menu.

Enter  *.pfx 

Your computer will find all Digital signature files.

Delete the signature you are working with, e.g. JohnDoe.pfx

I suggest copying the file to your desktop before deleting, just in case.   I did have to restart my computer after deleting the file. No idea why.  But after that, when I opened a file that required a signature, the ID was gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines