• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to automatically open PDF using Acrobat Reader?

Contributor ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day!

With the so many PDF Readers in the market, some of the users of the PDF forms I have created in Acrobat DC behave differently with the PDF Readers.

How can I configure a PDF form to open in Acrobat Reader?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Hi Henry.Ong,

If I understand your query correctly, you are willing to open all the PDF forms through Adobe Reader desktop application?

How does a file is going to be opened is completely depends on which application has been set up as default viewer of the file. Which means, if you would like to you open .pdf files through the Adobe Reader only, then you need to set Adobe Reader as default pdf viewer app.

Here are the detailed steps for how you can change the settings- Associate PDF files to always open in Acrobat or Reader on Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Henry.Ong,

If I understand your query correctly, you are willing to open all the PDF forms through Adobe Reader desktop application?

How does a file is going to be opened is completely depends on which application has been set up as default viewer of the file. Which means, if you would like to you open .pdf files through the Adobe Reader only, then you need to set Adobe Reader as default pdf viewer app.

Here are the detailed steps for how you can change the settings- Associate PDF files to always open in Acrobat or Reader on Windows 10

Note: Opening .pdf files through Acrobat DC by default and at the same time opening .pdf forms through Adobe Reader by default wont be possible. For all the .pdf extension files you can set one application (either Acrobat DC or Adobe Reader) as default.

Hope this answers your query.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Akki for this feedback.

So this means that I can only control in my computer how PDF will be open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you got it correct. You can only change and make default settings within your computer. How the form will be viewed and opened by end user, that can not be control.

-Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Akki for confirming my understanding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Let us know if there is any further assistance is required.

-Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines